12V diverter valve

/ 12V diverter valve
CJONE said:
Bailey has just came out with a inexpensive selector valve rated at 13GPM and 5k pressure, more than enough for our tractors. the valve pn# is 220-934 and it is $110. I have sold 1 and have 1 for my tractor. No problems and the price is good. CJ

Cj. Thanks for posting another option. Can you provide some details on the switch you are using for this?

/ 12V diverter valve #12  
Cj. Thanks for posting another option. Can you provide some details on the switch you are using for this?

It is just a momentary [non latching] switch. Now my dealer MIE has a Prince joystick with switches, not real cheap but it is a quality unit. Any 12V switch wit a 5 amp rating would be sufficient. CJ

/ 12V diverter valve
thanks CJ. i found a switch/grip made by Otto which is very similar if not the same one as Artisan's which i really like. i am awaiting response from them on distributors. i know fasse sells it but want to see if there are others to get pricing comparisions.

i also have the surplus center diverter on order, it shipped out today so should have it early next week.

/ 12V diverter valve
valve arrived, i am still looking at my options for the switch. does anyone have simple wiring diagram for the switch set up. i am assuming i'll need a relay similar to the one i installed for my work lights.. also i noticed 3 plugs on the hirschman, are all 3 wired?

/ 12V diverter valve #15  
A thumb momentary switch is all you need.

If this is the one you have, then circuit 1 is the default state with no voltage.

Surplus Center - 12 VDC 13.2 GPM SAE 8 DOUBLE SELECTOR VALVE

Ground one side of the solenoid and the other side of the solenoid wire goes to the thumb switch which is connected to 12 v.

If you want a fuse or CB in line, use about 1.5 A

/ 12V diverter valve #16  
Agree with JJ shouldn't need a relay just a fused circuit. If you need to know which 2 of the 3 terminals to hook up too look at the instruction link on the surplus site

/ 12V diverter valve #17  
Sorry for jumping in late, bigballer. If your LA463 has fast dump, you may want to rethink the diverter valve. Fast dump uses a regenerative circuit which I have been told can cause a diverter valve to lock up. You could, however, install it in the boom circuit, but I don't fancy the idea of switching circuits on a raised boom. After thinking it over, I decided to use a directional valve for my grapple circuit. If you do install the diverter, I'd be interested in hearing how it works for you. Best of luck.

Last edited:
   / 12V diverter valve
Sorry for jumping in late, bigballer. If your LA463 has fast dump, you may want to rethink the diverter valve. Fast dump uses a regenerative circuit which I have been told can cause a diverter valve to lock up. You could, however, install it in the boom circuit, but I don't fancy the idea of switching circuits on a raised boom. After thinking it over, I decided to use a directional valve for my grapple circuit. If you do install the diverter, I'd be interested in hearing how it works for you. Best of luck.

can i just push past the fastdump and expect the diverter to function properly?

/ 12V diverter valve #19  
can i just push past the fastdump and expect the diverter to function properly?

I can't say. I called Fasse about a selector valve, and when I told him what I had, he told me it would lock up their selector, and to use a 4 way directional... so I did. I'm not much of a mechanic. If it doesn't have wires or a circuit board I'm pretty much WAG'ing it, so It may work with no trouble, or pushing past fast dump may be the trick. Hopefully, one of the hydraulic guru's here will be able to answer that for you.

/ 12V diverter valve #20