12V diverter valve

/ 12V diverter valve #43  
The L4240 that i have on order should be ready for delivery in a few weeks.

I'm on the fence whether to source the parts myself for the third function or just order the Kubota kit.
I'm very comfortable installing either myself.
I added four remotes to my L3800. Fabricated the valve and outlet mounting brackets and all plumbing my design.

We all say wow $900 for third function....I could probably do that for much less myself.

The kubota kit is only about $400 more than sourcing all of the parts myself.

I looked at all of the Kubota parts diagrams and they use a ton of hard lines, between the pump and valve, valve to valve, along the loader arm, and have all of the brackets fabbed and painted, quick connects dust covers, complete new loader control lever with joystick, switches, relays, wiring, connectors, nuts, bolts, screws etc.
If you look at the quantity of parts it's not really overpriced and makes for a very clean install.

The Kubota kit is a "true third function" not just a diverter valve.

Which of course means curl, lift and grapple can all work at the same time......and yes I currently, at times use all three at the same time.
If the grapple was controlled by a rocker switch on the loader control I can see opportunities to use it even more often.

Now if I can get my sales guy to give me a good price on the kit!

/ 12V diverter valve #45  

While these are a very reasonable alternative, (I have a couple in stock for less $$) if you want to make things compact plumbing wise, it is more difficult to accomplish. Of course it all depends on how you want to plumb everything, the ports on these are 1/8" closer than on the Bosch units. So you can't really use any 90s on them to start out with. Plus they are bare steel that is no where finished off as nice as the Bosch valves. Much rougher with lots of crooks and crannies. :(

/ 12V diverter valve #46  
   / 12V diverter valve #47  
While these are a very reasonable alternative, (I have a couple in stock for less $$) if you want to make things compact plumbing wise, it is more difficult to accomplish. Of course it all depends on how you want to plumb everything, the ports on these are 1/8" closer than on the Bosch units. So you can't really use any 90s on them to start out with. Plus they are bare steel that is no where finished off as nice as the Bosch valves. Much rougher with lots of crooks and crannies. :(

I don't suppose you have any of the bosch valves in stock? If so, how much?

/ 12V diverter valve #48  
I don't suppose you have any of the bosch valves in stock? If so, how much?

In stock, $213 shipped to your door. :thumbsup: Sorry that I can't beat or even match SC price, but no can do. :( But then they don't have them anymore, sooooooo. ;)

/ 12V diverter valve #49  
You could use this valve for the grapple.

Take the PB out port from the FEL and run it through this valve .

Surplus Center - 12 VDC 10 GPM OC DA SOLENOID VALVE

Surplus Center - 1 STATION DO3 SUBPLATE OPEN CENTER

Momentary switch on joystick lever.

or this valve.

Search Results | Surplus Center

Hello JJ....would you mind explaining how these two components work with the momentary switch. I take it that you have to use two switches....one to open the grapple and the other to close it.

/ 12V diverter valve #50  
Hello JJ....would you mind explaining how these two components work with the momentary switch. I take it that you have to use two switches....one to open the grapple and the other to close it.
Yes, you would need two momentary pushbuttons, or a On-Off-On momentary switch.
That valve would go after the loader valve and it is just like the rear remotes except that it is electrically operated rather than mechanically operated.

Aaron Z

Last edited: