12v Rocker Switch

/ 12v Rocker Switch
What are you looking for then.?

I am not sure if want the inline or mount a switch in the light. I am trying to take the light apart now.

/ 12v Rocker Switch #34  
Don't like it?

Well I am not trying to discourage you from buying it, but no it does not appeal to me. The ability to make your lights pulse and dim does not seem all that useful on a tractor. But if it is something you would enjoy....cool.

James K0UA

/ 12v Rocker Switch
Got it apart. :cool2:I think switch is definitely doable. I think switch in the light is the best route. I made have to add a piece of metal to brace the switch mount. I don't know how well they would hold up to all of those modes that inline switch had.

20121231233946245.jpg

/ 12v Rocker Switch
Well I am not trying to discourage you from buying it, but no it does not appeal to me. The ability to make your lights pulse and dim does not seem all that useful on a tractor. But if it is something you would enjoy....cool.

James K0UA

This forum is crazy tonight. That post was not there when I posted @ 11:46. It would be alright for a strobe mode for mowing along the road but it would probably blow a bunch of leds.

/ 12v Rocker Switch #37  
Yea, I kind of didn't understand all the stuff with speed on a switch.

/ 12v Rocker Switch #39  
Got it apart. :cool2:I think switch is definitely doable. I think switch in the light is the best route. I made have to add a piece of metal to brace the switch mount. I don't know how well they would hold up to all of those modes that inline switch had.

20121231233946245.jpg

Yes I believe you could retrofit the switch in the housing. On the other hand while I don't see much usefulness for the inline strobe controller in the tractor setting, I don't believe it would hurt the LED's to turn them on and off at a rapid rate.. Unlike an incandescent, an LED can even be modulated at extremely fast rates without damage.

James K0UA

/ 12v Rocker Switch
Yes I believe you could retrofit the switch in the housing. On the other hand while I don't see much usefulness for the inline strobe controller in the tractor setting, I don't believe it would hurt the LED's to turn them on and off at a rapid rate.. Unlike an incandescent, an LED can even be modulated at extremely fast rates without damage.

James K0UA

I would normally agree but these are some Northern tool specials. I took a gamble on them. I read the reviews, some people loved them other people had LEDs out right out of the box. Now I am wondering if I would regret not going with a waterproof switch.