13 Years in: B7800

/ 13 Years in: B7800 #1  

DAP

Veteran Member
From Orange County NY to Lincoln County ME
Tractor
JD LX288 and a B7800
Well, this past October was year 13 for my B7800. My R4s aren't once what they were, but still tract well in snow. They are still holding much of their original beet juice and have never needed any air. The seat (replacement version) sux as bad as the first, but still keeps me in place. The bucket on the LA402 is lost 50% of its paint and has a bottom bulge on it from pounding in fence posts.

The machine has been one of the most dependable, useful gadgets I've ever owned. It needs a battery most likely, but warmer than 28 or so, she will still holder her charge.

I have had one issue with her: one extremely foggy morning in the fall a few years back, I came out to head out for the morning and noticed the tractor's flashers were on. I did not turn them on. No one did. But they were on and I could not turn them off without disconnecting the battery, which I simply had no time do. When I came home, the battery was spent. A call to the dealer said that occasionally, moisture can enter the ignition and short the flasher circuit. Strange but true?

She's showing just over 460 hours and as strong as ever. I simply cannot say enough good things about the machine. The dealer I purchased from was a non starter because I had little reason to do any post purchase transactions with them. I know this model was one of Kubota's best selling units (2003 - 2008), supplanting the old B2710, offspring of the ld B2910.

Just sayin ...

Last edited:
   / 13 Years in: B7800 #2  
Mine was bought in the spring of '05 and now has just over 1200 hrs. and I have had a couple of problems but was able to fix them myself. All things considered I am happy with mine and wouldn't consider ever trading for a newer unit.Like you,I've found mine to be the most useful tools imaginable. I use it for mowing, back hoe ,grading, and an extra hand on many projects that I would never have considered.
I had a B7100,B7200 and a B 7510 which were all good machines but this one is my "for the rest of my life" one.

/ 13 Years in: B7800 #3  
I've owned over 20 Kubotas in 15 years. My second Kubota, after one year with a BX2200 FEL MMM my first ever tractor, was a B7800 FEL RFM. Kept that B7800 for three years, a record for me except for my Fs and RTV1140. Did a bunch of work with the B7800 and only issue was the not starting unless the go pedal was dead center and that has been an issue with the B7800 over the years which is easy to live with once one figures it out.
B7800 one of the great ones!!!!!!:cool2:

/ 13 Years in: B7800 #4  
My B7800 was purchased May 2005 and now only has 568 hours on it.
I mow with a 72" 3 pt. finish mower and snow blow with a 64" 3 pt. snowblower.
Haul firewood, and leveled dirt and gravel with 84" 3 pt. blade and 84" 3 pt. landscape rake.
I feel very fortunate for never having had any issues with it.
It's always been garaged when not in use, and is one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Last edited:
   / 13 Years in: B7800 #6  
And amen again! I am 100% pleased with my B7800 after 15 years and 650 hours doing snow removal, brush and grass cutting, dirt work and numerous other tasks.

/ 13 Years in: B7800 #7  
I have used a B7800 with a back-hoe;nice machine and I know that one has been real durable.The owner has four adult sons ,it gets a work out for sure.

/ 13 Years in: B7800 #8  
I've seen a lot of these over the years and most look like they seen their better days... But you know what.? Ask the owners to start it up. No problem. And how it's works. Great .. They all speak highly of these tractors...

I honestly don't know why you shouldn't see 3k + hours on these machines . Pretty bulletproof.

/ 13 Years in: B7800 #9  
Well, this past October was year 13 for my B7800. My R4s aren't once what they were, but still tract well in snow. They are still holding much of their original beet juice and have never needed any air. The seat (replacement version) sux as bad as the first, but still keeps me in place. The bucket on the LA402 is lost 50% of its paint and has a bottom bulge on it from pounding in fence posts.

The machine has been one of the most dependable, useful gadgets I've ever owned. It needs a battery most likely, but warmer than 28 or so, she will still holder her charge.

I have had one issue with her: one extremely foggy morning in the fall a few years back, I came out to head out for the morning and noticed the tractor's flashers were on. I did not turn them on. No one did. But they were on and I could not turn them off without disconnecting the battery, which I simply had no time do. When I came home, the battery was spent. A call to the dealer said that occasionally, moisture can enter the ignition and short the flasher circuit. Strange but true?

She's showing just over 460 hours and as strong as ever. I simply cannot say enough good things about the machine. The dealer I purchased from was a non starter because I had little reason to do any post purchase transactions with them. I know this model was one of Kubota's best selling units (2003 - 2008), supplanting the old B2710, offspring of the ld B2910.

Just sayin ...

Though not a 7800, I bought my B1750HSDT, Bi-Speed Turn new in May of 1993. Nearly 26 years and absolutely NO trouble of ANY kind.

Best thing I've ever purchased.

SDT

/ 13 Years in: B7800 #10  
My B2910 (same tractor as the B7800 without a couple deluxe features) is about 15 years old and has about 1500 hours on it.

The only problem I remember is having a clogged fuel filter one time, when I bought fuel at a place I learned not to go back to.

Great workhorse.

hghg2.JPG

Hope the photo works. Tractor is not this clean anymore...:D

Bill