13 Years in: B7800

/ 13 Years in: B7800 #11  
Great review on one of Kubota's best tractors. Mine has maybe 500 hours and never any issue. It's surprisingly powerful, agile and the HST is the right trans for that tractor. In times of difficulty I've raked haw with it, rock raked the driveway and even pulled a lighter duty 12' wide spike harrow. It did a surprisingly good job. It also pulls a 7' rear mower with no probs.

The backhoe is interesting. What model goes on it and any idea what one would cost? Note that mine does not have a loader and sometimes that matters for backhoe hookup.

/ 13 Years in: B7800
Great review on one of Kubota's best tractors. Mine has maybe 500 hours and never any issue. It's surprisingly powerful, agile and the HST is the right trans for that tractor. In times of difficulty ...
The backhoe is interesting. What model goes on it and any idea what one would cost? Note that mine does not have a loader and sometimes that matters for backhoe hookup.

Your question about a backhoe on this B tractor might very well dredge up a decade long debate about backhoes installed with subframes (like B7800 or the B2910) so be forewarned. The B21 or B27 had full frame mounted (and unremovable) backhoes. The controversy emerged from some individuals saying that a subframe mount made the platform subject to extreme injury. I'm staying out it ......

/ 13 Years in: B7800 #13  
Advice taken and think I remember that debate.

Here's some pics of my B7800. Note the lights up front on the weight bracket. They are hot switched on the light with a wire and fuse running to the + battery post. Allows me to mow on summer nights when I run out of daylight. Thread on light installation here somewhere. No shadows this way.

001.JPG004.JPG

/ 13 Years in: B7800 #14  
Great review on one of Kubota's best tractors. Mine has maybe 500 hours and never any issue. It's surprisingly powerful, agile and the HST is the right trans for that tractor. In times of difficulty I've raked haw with it, rock raked the driveway and even pulled a lighter duty 12' wide spike harrow. It did a surprisingly good job. It also pulls a 7' rear mower with no probs.

Mine is the BH75 with sub frame and 16" bucket. Price out the door installed was $7800 & change. They picked it up and returned. I don't think you would want to even consider a bh without a loader and doubt if a dealer would sell you one, at least installed. It is needed for balance as well as support when using the hoe.
I could never justify mine $ wise but it sure is nice to have at those times you need one. Thankfully I have a very understanding wife.

/ 13 Years in: B7800 #15  
B7800 was good seller in our area at the time,and very seldom see B7800 setting dealers used equipment lot for sale. :thumbsup:

B7800 was good seller in our area at the time,and very seldom see B7800 setting dealers used equipment lot for sale. :thumbsup:

It took a good long while for the bee in my bonnet to calm down about having the differential breaking pedals on the same side as the HST pedals. The B7800 had a funky cruise control which didn't work well for me and that was the only way you could consider doing row turns with this configuration. Also I was a bit miffed that it didn't come with a step, but a tractorbynet fellow (RonJHall?) sent me a bracket he made that would allow a bolt-on solution using an "L" series step. That, the 3pt carry-all with 2 x 6s and Pat's easy change, .... awesome. I lost the spreader rod that came with Pat's but bungees hold the rear arms out wide when attaching implements.

And even though I do a fair amount of rotary cutting, the 1/4-inching valve was sufficient for my rear tasks. The money for a 2910 or a 3200 was simply not justifiable given my particulars and these issues were nonetheless not show stoppers.

/ 13 Years in: B7800 #17  

And even though I do a fair amount of rotary cutting, the 1/4-inching valve was sufficient for my rear tasks. The money for a 2910 or a 3200 was simply not justifiable given my particulars and these issues were nonetheless not show stoppers.

I never understood "quarter inching". The three point arms on my B7800 go up and down and I don't know what's different. Can you explain the quarter inching thing?

I never understood "quarter inching". The three point arms on my B7800 go up and down and I don't know what's different. Can you explain the quarter inching thing?

I'll do my best (and no laughing). The valve in its simple state is merely a simple lever to store and release hydro pressures. Push it down, the valve loses pressure, -- up and it re-pressurizes itself. Here's the rub. On the lever slot, there is a two ended adjustable flap that acts as a detent for the up or down position of the lever. Configuring the distance in either direction so that it stops lever movement, both up and down, SHOULD result in an implement travel of approximately 1/4 inch. It is THAT hokey, and to some degree actually works if you take the time to adjust that thing under the lever slot.

That is, bumping the lever to one of those detents and immediately back to neutral is your 1/4 inch travel. It implies that up and down have the same result, but gravity demands otherwise.

There are 2 other variables that directly affect this however: weight of the implement; and hydro fluid flow knob below the front of the seat. I will also say that this valve bleeds down like emsommonobich.

Yes, I am continually looking at and adjusting implement/ground distances, but heck, if it went where I put it and it stayed there, that would be boring! (sheepish grin)

The Position Valve ($$$) has a setting of number 1 - 10. Put the number on 6 and the implement is held at that position by the valve (without bleedown?). A much better valve to be sure.

That's my understanding, flawed as it may be.

/ 13 Years in: B7800 #19  
Most important tging about position control is the arms will return to the exact same height every time you move the lever to position number 6. Much, much better system when using ground engagement 3pt attachments.

I'm really surprised by the low hours most of you guys put on your tractors.

For the owners that swear you need to regularly start your,tractor are gonna say you guys need to start them whether you have any work or not!!!! :)

/ 13 Years in: B7800 #20  
I'll do my best (and no laughing). The valve in its simple state is merely a simple lever to store and release hydro pressures. Push it down, the valve loses pressure, -- up and it re-pressurizes itself. Here's the rub. On the lever slot, there is a two ended adjustable flap that acts as a detent for the up or down position of the lever. Configuring the distance in either direction so that it stops lever movement, both up and down, SHOULD result in an implement travel of approximately 1/4 inch. It is THAT hokey, and to some degree actually works if you take the time to adjust that thing under the lever slot.

That is, bumping the lever to one of those detents and immediately back to neutral is your 1/4 inch travel. It implies that up and down have the same result, but gravity demands otherwise.

There are 2 other variables that directly affect this however: weight of the implement; and hydro fluid flow knob below the front of the seat. I will also say that this valve bleeds down like emsommonobich.

Yes, I am continually looking at and adjusting implement/ground distances, but heck, if it went where I put it and it stayed there, that would be boring! (sheepish grin)

The Position Valve ($$$) has a setting of number 1 - 10. Put the number on 6 and the implement is held at that position by the valve (without bleedown?). A much better valve to be sure.

That's my understanding, flawed as it may be.

OK, I think I understand. When it warms up I'm going to look in the barn and see what I have for levers. I never really looked despite having it for 13? ish years.

Most important tging about position control is the arms will return to the exact same height every time you move the lever to position number 6. Much, much better system when using ground engagement 3pt attachments.

I'm really surprised by the low hours most of you guys put on your tractors.

For the owners that swear you need to regularly start your,tractor are gonna say you guys need to start them whether you have any work or not!!!! :)

I think mine has 500? hours but it could be less. It's mostly a lawnmower and fills in when I need it for transporting things or doing something light. It is truly a beautiful and well built tractor that can get the job done with lots of power in a little package.