$136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES???

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #51  
My wife has her Masters degree in nursing and has been a nurse for around 35 years. She is the associate dean of nursing at a small college in SC and she doesn't make anywhere near that. The president of the college doesn't make that. I am for people to make what they can get and nursing is a very hard degree to get.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #52  
Some of the highest paying starting salaries in the IT field is with (gas/oil drilling) "wireline service" companies...it depends on the locations etc. but some can be as high as $150,000/year...

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #53  
What other business in America is required by law to see and treat anyone coming through the ER doors without regards to reimbursement?

This one regulation alone is responsible for the closing of many Emergency Rooms and Trauma Centers.

Something about the hollering on Sunday morning about a civilized Christian society does not let it's citizens die on the street instead of providing medical treatment. So the tax payer gets stuck with medical bills for the individuals without insurance or no money to pay.

I have no problem with not providing medical coverage to an individual if they do not have the money to pay for it or insurance. Be sure you are comfortable with it before advocating it.

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #54  
My wife has her Masters degree in nursing and has been a nurse for around 35 years. She is the associate dean of nursing at a small college in SC and she doesn't make anywhere near that. The president of the college doesn't make that. I am for people to make what they can get and nursing is a very hard degree to get.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Everyone needs to remember...the op was writing about the San Francisco Bay area....it makes a huge difference, when it comes to cost of living and pay ranges need to keep employees in that area.

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #55  
Everyone needs to remember...the op was writing about the San Francisco Bay area....it makes a huge difference, when it comes to cost of living and pay ranges need to keep employees in that area.

can we also consider the intelligence of that particular local electorate that keeps voting for the wicked witch of the west?

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #56  
Something about the hollering on Sunday morning about a civilized Christian society does not let it's citizens die on the street instead of providing medical treatment.

That same society should ban things proven to harm ones health, smoking, alcohol, eating too much, bullets.

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #57  
I've tried to post twice, only to lose the response. So this time I'm making the response short without much of the supporting data.

Without regard to ObamaCare, the Affordable Health Care Act or the many other derogatory or effusively praising monikers, and without respect to whether or not those in the profession deserve such pay, the simple fact is that $136K for an RN in San Francisco is well above the norm, by a long ways.

According to Salary.com the median pay for an RN in San Francisco is $81,265. Those in 75th percentile receive $89,335, and those at the 90th percentile receive $96,683. At $136k, they are receiving 40% more in salary than those in the 90th percentile.

Here again, I'm not judging the validaty of that compensation, but the originator of this thread was spot on in his insinuation that the pay was extremely high.

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #58  
I'd have to see the hours worked to make any kind of insinuation. OT/night shifts/weekend shifts can double an RN's pay.

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #59  
can we also consider the intelligence of that particular local electorate that keeps voting for the wicked witch of the west?

:laughing: yep

/ $136,000 PER YEAR AVERAGE SALARIES??? #60  
I'd have to see the hours worked to make any kind of insinuation. OT/night shifts/weekend shifts can double an RN's pay.

You do make a good point. However, if you assume median pay and 1.5 times for overtime, that's approximately 934 hours of overtime, nearly 58 hours per week, every week throughout the year.

Certainly possible, I did much more than that while building my company, but here again, certainly outside the norm.

I certainly don't disparage someone from putting themselves in the position for better pay and, in fact, applaud them doing so, but it still appears the pay is significantly higher than the average.