15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point?

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point?
Well I built mine today. It was made out of scrap I had laying around and an 25 gal pull type sprayer I purchased have about $115 into It. I'll post some pics here shortly.

I think the picture should be attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1681.JPG
    IMG_1681.JPG
    538.2 KB · Views: 372
   / 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #33  
I have both a 15 gallon Femco spot sprayer and a 25 gallon pull-behind sprayer with a boom. I bought each at TSC. If you make friends with manager, they will tell you when they get a returned sprayer. 9 times out of 10, they are brought back b/c the operator was an idiot. They either sell them as "parts fully assembled", return them to mfc if they know the specific issue being fixed, or destroy them on site. The mgr makes the call and can save you a bunch. Got my 25gal with 5' boom tow-behind for $50 b/c some lady didnt know how to set the valves on the boom. They were on sale that weekend for $225. I think the the carry-all is going to be the easiest way to mount a 3-pt ATV sprayer retrofit. I saved enough money to stock up on generic Crossbow spray for my grassy areas with invasive brush.

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #34  
Good job! That is the type of carrier that I have in mind to build.

Yeah I used it yesterday to spray some weeds and it worked great. Nice having it on a 3 point easy to lower it to ground and fill it and have it low to the ground when spraying.

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #36  
I was going to build a 3 point for my spot sprayer. Ended up welding up a square frame that fit the bottom. My tank has 6 threaded bosses (I guess that's what you'd call them?) molded in the tank bottom. The bolts attach through the frame and hold the tank down. This attaches to the front bumper of my 8N. Sorry, I don't have a picture of it. Then I built this sprayer. It's 30 gallon, 12' folding boom, and powered by a 6 roller silver series pump. The spot sprayer is good for small jobs. The boom sprayer is great for larger application needs. Since it was built, I've added a spray wand. Going to add some solenoid valves for remote operation from the tractor cab. :D Also plan to add a foam marker. :thumbsup: Mark

Attachments

• BoomSprayer004.jpg
    BoomSprayer004.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 321
  • BoomSprayer005.jpg
    BoomSprayer005.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 130
  • BoomSprayer008.jpg
    BoomSprayer008.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 163
   / 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #37  
nice lookin tractor!

soundguy

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #38  
i got a cheap 5 gallon cart sprayer to hook behind a lawn mower.

i will pull the pump, spray wand off, and a couple fittings and hoses, and put all onto a 55 gallon drum. (check Craigslist) you can normally find the drums from 5 to 15 bucks.

a few fittings and little bit of time. and will be able to have a 55 gallon sprayer. the pump will not be the strongest thing. but good enough. for some spot spraying. and reduce multi trips to refill.

most likely will just put the drum in the front bucket, and put a couple straps on it. and pickup a cheap longer set of jumper cables and splice onto the pump.

will also pick up a hose, fairly cheaply so i have extra length. to reach back to seat. and/or allow me to go a few feet away from tractor if need be.

===============

i have debated of just buying the "on demand" electrical pump, and everything separately. so i could a little more power. but the 5 gallon cart spray for lawn tractor was extremely cheap. and figure ah why not. for amount i do need for it. it will do the job.

atv sprayers that fit on back of them or into tool cart box in front of them. you can find them fairly cheap as well. you do not have to have them on an ATV.

3pt carry all. you can get fairly cheap if you bid your time and wait for a descent deal to come around as well.

every now and then, i see a bike rake or mini storage rack like what whitnel shows in his picture that you might be able to toss a 55 gallon drum on. or atv sprayer on. and fasten down with a couple straps.

===============
the problem comes down at times, is some times is cheaper and less time consuming just to buy a small package sprayer or like. and doing some modifications to it. longer hoses, bigger tank, how it attaches to tracktor or vehicle, etc..

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #39  
I mounted my tank and pump to a pallet. I use a hand wand w/60' of hose to get into places the tractor won't go.. If you have a set of forks you are in business... I also made a boom sprayer out of PVC that I used for some time... at the Ag store they have spray tips that clamp on 3/4" PVC... works for me... Maybe this will give you some ideas... Dave

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 149