Chains 1510 owners on sway chains

/ 1510 owners on sway chains
I'll get some pics posted tomorrow... gotta go to the second job shortly today.

Here is a pic of the drawbar. It is 1/2" stock. You will need 3 12mmx40mm bolts with lock washers (I put on regular washers too). If anyone wants the dimensions, let me know and I'll see if I can draw them on the pic, or make a drawing that shows them.

1trailer tractor 012.jpg

/ 1510 owners on sway chains #33  
I thought, from Roxynoodle's posting, that he would be copying the complete "factory" drawbar, that is "mount" and "tongue". From the picture it appears that he only had the tongue made.

This is a picture of how I did ours:

cvt

Attachments

• DSC_0202_ORC.jpg
    DSC_0202_ORC.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
   / 1510 owners on sway chains #34  
In an earlier message Aaron from HoyeTractor (good folks!) posted a diagram for check chains. I bought a set from them but they did not have the adapters. This is what I think (!) the adapters would look like DSC_0197_detail.jpg).

Does that look familiar? It's one end of this (DSC_195_check_chain.jpg). Check chains for a Brush Deck. And no, this won't work on our 1510D (drat) because the stock (1/4"?) is too thick! There isn't enough length to the mounting pin for the bracket + the lift arm + the retaining pin. Double drat.

Actualy though, it occured to me that even at 1/4" thick the bracket is a lot stronger than it needs to be. It only needs to be strong enough to keep the lift arm(s) from striking the tires, right?

Seems like I had some 0.20 flat stock around here some where ...

cvt

Attachments

• DSC_0197_detail.jpg
    DSC_0197_detail.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC_0195_check _chain.jpg
    DSC_0195_check _chain.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 157
   / 1510 owners on sway chains #35  
This is what I think (!) the adapters would look like

That is almost exactly what our first adapters looked like also. We ended up just using a 7/8" washer instead of the plate but both will work. Hopefully we will be able to get some of those made again this winter.

There isn't enough length to the mounting pin for the bracket + the lift arm + the retaining pin

You can unscrew those pins on the 1510. Just use a wrench to back off the nut and then use a big screwdriver or punch in the lynch pin hole to unscrew the pin to give you the clearance you need. Then tighten the nut back down. I THINK we have used 1/4" before and there was plenty of room. I do also agree though that 1/4" is plenty thick and 1/8 is probably just fine too.

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940)592-0181

I fit 1/4" stock on the pins behind the lower lift arms. Hoye said he uses 1/8" stock though. It looks like you already have something rigged up on your drawbar to keep the implements out of the tires. I guess I don't see why you can't just attach chains the same way if you would rather have chains? That welded design in your second post looks like it should work fine. The brackets I made look like Hoye's but I guess thicker.

Yes, my drawbar is pretty simple. I just wanted something I could pin my utility cart to or my manure spreader to move it easily for mowing. I don't actually use the spreader with the tractor since I can't load the spreader and pull it at the same time. For the moment, the spreader is pulled with my truck while the tractor loads it. Figured the drawbar would also come in handy for dragging something heavy like a big tree branch I had come down a couple weeks ago. I have my neighbor fabricating something like the Pat's EZ mover for moving my trailers. I think it would be a good idea though to chain it to the drawbar to prevent the 3ph from raising above the rear axle.