1735M - Putting on snow chains isn't as easy as you would think.

/ 1735M - Putting on snow chains isn't as easy as you would think. #21  
LouNY, your old post is where I found this method and have been using it ever since. Thanks for that post. I refused to pay the crazy money they want for those tightening devices so I made my own. Same as the one they use. I used it once and found it to be too cumbersome and not work very well. I have since found a better way to get them tight enough. I use Trygg's and they state the chains should be very tight and retightened after a short drive. I note that the Aquiline's do not require the chains to be really tight. I would love to get a set of those for my front tires but can't find a supplier in Western Canada. I ended up getting a set of ATV ice chains and they work well, with very little sign of wear so far.

/ 1735M - Putting on snow chains isn't as easy as you would think. #22  
I have an older version of your tractor, a 1635, pretty much the same though. 17.5-24 tires on rear. Don't know if this will help but here's my setup.

Attachments

• 1-9-22 (1).jpg
    1-9-22 (1).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 72
  • 1-9-22 (2).jpg
    1-9-22 (2).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 66
  • 1-9-22 (3).jpg
    1-9-22 (3).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
  • 1-9-22 (4).jpg
    1-9-22 (4).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
  • 1-9-22 (5).jpg
    1-9-22 (5).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 70
   / 1735M - Putting on snow chains isn't as easy as you would think. #23  
Suck it up and do the work to set wheels at widest form factor.... You will also enjoy the extra stability it give tractor other than just top be able to install chains....

As for width adjustment checks out graphic in post #3...

Best way I ever found to install chains was to lay them out flat, place a block of wood in 2nd/3rd chain interval from end, and run tractor up on wood blocks, this leaves chains "free' to to wrap and move and connect with out weight of tractor on chains...

Last edited:
   / 1735M - Putting on snow chains isn't as easy as you would think. #24  
^^^
No it's not