19 inches of snow to plow

/ 19 inches of snow to plow #41  
very nice! i'm thinking we can get by with 11k, propane, it's just 2 of us, house is only 1800 sq ft, with the whole upper level empty now.
we heat with a coal stoker stove, highest draw i have would be the dryer and well pump, and the dryer we can do without in an outage

/ 19 inches of snow to plow #42  
very nice! i'm thinking we can get by with 11k, propane, it's just 2 of us, house is only 1800 sq ft, with the whole upper level empty now.
we heat with a coal stoker stove, highest draw i have would be the dryer and well pump, and the dryer we can do without in an outage
generac also makes an 11 kw with a 16/24 circuit transfer switch. that way you cant possibly over extend the generator. ive installed 11kw units on 1800 sf houses, but they all had gas heat and appliances. here in idaho, if the house has electric heat, the generator HAS to be able to power up heater unless a way to automatically bypass it is provided. the generator HAS to power the house and stay operational without the homeowner having to be present. on houses where there is 90 amps of electric heat and generator only produces 55 amps, i use this 16/24 transfer switch. that meets all codes.

/ 19 inches of snow to plow #43  
I put a new battery in it a few months ago so it turned over great . Over the years I only had to jump it with the charger twice. Today I finally started a dolly project for my 54" snowblower . It is going to be so nice to be able to push this around the front garage by hand when not on the tractor. I should have done this long ago. It seems so nice to be getting all these little projects done after all these years. I should get it done and painted tomorrow.View attachment 532676

Waldron, I also live in Gaylord. On the NE side of Otsego lake. I recoginize your location. Unfortunately today I am in N. Virginia for Christmas. Seeing the forecast for Gaylord, when I get back on Tuesday evening, I will have about 15" to clean up. Looks like you'll have a jump on me cleaning up this storm. Enjoy and Merry Christmas to all. Jon

/ 19 inches of snow to plow
Our daughter , son in law and grandson are here for Christmas from Northern Va. We got 5" of snow yesterday and 8 more inches this morning. It is just light fluffy , lake effect so it is pretty easy getting in the driveways . Last Christmas we were in Northern Va. and came home to deep snow, ha,ha. Here is a photo from this morning. I will use my little loader to move these snow piles out back. When the back yard gets full then I attach the snowblower and start blowing the snow everywhere in the front yard the rest of the winter. . When we average 160" and it doesn't melt til spring it can get pretty high banks. plowing.jpg

/ 19 inches of snow to plow #45  
Waldon - very cool collection you have going on there.! :)

I got to show my youngest a perfect example of lake effect snow last night. We were in Grayling and you could see the stars, nice clear night. Heading home, Frederic was slammed with a white out. Couldn't see twenty feet ahead of you. Got towards Waters and is was back to seeing stars again. Just a ten mile band of winter blizzard. The youngster now knows exactly what Weatherman Joe is talking about :)

/ 19 inches of snow to plow #46  
Waldon - very cool collection you have going on there.! :)

I got to show my youngest a perfect example of lake effect snow last night. We were in Grayling and you could see the stars, nice clear night. Heading home, Frederic was slammed with a white out. Couldn't see twenty feet ahead of you. Got towards Waters and is was back to seeing stars again. Just a ten mile band of winter blizzard. The youngster now knows exactly what Weatherman Joe is talking about :)

And the blowing snow across open areas of the interstate really ice up the road also. Got home just before dark yesterday and the white stuff started falling around the Crawford/Otesgo county line on I75. Nasty drive from there to home. Nice neighbor, she had cut a path to the house and a spot for the van. Now out to clear more and get the customers done. Enjoy. Jon

/ 19 inches of snow to plow #47  
-7.7 degrees and a bit of fresh snow at the homestead this morning. :) I think I will have another cup of tea before clearing the walks.

/ 19 inches of snow to plow #48  
-7.7 degrees and a bit of fresh snow at the homestead this morning. :) I think I will have another cup of tea before clearing the walks.

When I hear you northern Michigan guys talk about the snow it makes Pennsylvania seem like Florida. :sun:

/ 19 inches of snow to plow #49  
When I hear you northern Michigan guys talk about the snow it makes Pennsylvania seem like Florida. :sun:

It's warmed up to -2 now. If it gets any warmer, I'll have to start working on the lawn tractor seasonal prep. Can't help but make you think about spring time garden planting. :)

/ 19 inches of snow to plow #50  
It's warmed up to -2 now. If it gets any warmer, I'll have to start working on the lawn tractor seasonal prep. Can't help but make you think about spring time garden planting. :)

Well we had 16 this morning so I better get to work! :laughing: