19 inches of snow to plow

/ 19 inches of snow to plow #62  
We put in a 14KW Kohler. We were going to go smaller But as grsthegreat mentioned, the dealers tend to stock the most popular sizes and around here that was 14, 20, etc. And the price difference and fuel usage was minimal.

We really needed it for the well pump but itç—´ great to never have to worry about power.

what size propane tanks do you have ? and how much do you think you burn per hour?

/ 19 inches of snow to plow
Thanks for the kind words, I have always enjoyed working with metal . I have fabricated a lot considering I have such a small work space, ha,ha.

/ 19 inches of snow to plow #65  
Snow storm headed to western N.Y. tonight, 14 -18" expected. Might be first occasion this winter where night plowing is required. Accuracy of forecasters is always questionable, not looking forward to the slush if storm materializes.

/ 19 inches of snow to plow #66  
^ We got about 10-12" of semi-wet snow yesterday. We were pushing 1.5"/hour of snowfall. I waited until about 6pm to start plowing, there was an easy 10" in the driveway, and a 4' berm in front of the driveway. I knew my little Power King wasn't going to touch this stuff, just too much and even if it would it'd take too long. A few days ago I literally stuck my truck plow (which I converted to work on the 3pt hitch) into the bucket, and looped the lift chain up over my center chain hook. I lifted it up, put two scrap pieces of slit PVC pipe over the cutting edge (ground is SOFT!) for a perfect fit. What a beautiful thing!

I can't believe I struggled with a 3pt hitch mounted plow for so long, no use! I get better traction having my blower on the back, the gravel stays on the driveway, and I plowed in 1st gear high for the long section of the driveway which allowed the snow to roll off like it normally would on a plow. Plan for this summer: Make a proper mount for the plow that allows it to pivot, steel pipe on the cutting edge, and see if I can find some cheap hydraulics to angle it.

Edit: I also had an issue with slipping a tire chain right around Christmas. In the time since then, I've cut several links out of the chains, made "nets" to hold them on the back of the tire out of 1/4" chain connecting the circumference, and cinched them down really well with the spring tensioners. They didn't move one bit, so my "net" idea worked well. (chains aren't wide enough for my tires, they wanted to slip off either to the front or back, depending on which side had more tension.)

/ 19 inches of snow to plow #67  
Its crazy to think people get heavy snow and there neighbors get a inch or two or none at all. Then down the road there other neighbors get heavy snow and then absolutely no snow at all anywhere else. We usually get a few pileups on I-75 in those open spots that turn icy quick. Two below zero this morning and just a couple more inches this morning. I'm excited to go plow the driveway , even without a cab. I just enjoy the open clear view of no cab. I priced them and will probably buy one in the future but not yet. The dealer said they vibrate like crazy !!! so be prepared !! The salt doesn't work on the roads at 2 below zero and some people wont slow down . So someone will die today , sad to think every major snowstorm someone has to die because of driving too fast. All wheel drive doesn't mean drive normal speeds in a snowstorm??? Mostly they are speeding in a snowstorm and hit some slush and cross into the oncoming lane and kill the other people. Very sad but that goes along with living in a snowy area.View attachment 533543

============================================================================================

Something tells me that the plow driver will be getting some unpaid time off for that.

/ 19 inches of snow to plow #68  
Thanks for the kind words, I have always enjoyed working with metal . I have fabricated a lot considering I have such a small work space, ha,ha.
Gaylord is a terrific town, very nice. A few years ago I got off the turnpike and spent a few hours in Gaylord having lunch and getting gas. I was stationed in the Soo 1971-1974, very good part of my life. There’s only one thing wrong with Gaylord——it’s under the bridge where the trolls live.