1947 International Harv. A- I model

/ 1947 International Harv. A- I model #1  

joeblow8008

Tractor
1947 International Harvester A - I , 1951 Farmall Super C,1986 Longs 460 Diesel
I have just purchased the above mentioned tractor. It is the IH A but the industrial is called the A-I. This tractor has been professionally restored. Does anyone know how many of these were made?

/ 1947 International Harv. A- I model #2  
The A industrial is a AI not a A-l.

They produced about 1700 of the AI's and there was less than 900 super AI's built.

Can we see some pictures.

/ 1947 International Harv. A- I model #3  
I have just purchased the above mentioned tractor. It is the IH A but the industrial is called the A-I. This tractor has been professionally restored. Does anyone know how many of these were made?

Pictures please. We like pictures.

/ 1947 International Harv. A- I model #5  
   / 1947 International Harv. A- I model
just picked up the IH AI today and it is very nice, better than new, i will send pix soon - does anywho know if a compact tractor ie Kububa is considered that and will they use the same 3 point hitch as the normal size tractors (like a Ford 2k or 4k or Farmall etc) does a 3 point hitch work on all big!! tractors? signed Tim In SC

/ 1947 International Harv. A- I model #7  
   / 1947 International Harv. A- I model #8  
Harry Ferguson's numerous patents covering all aspects of the three point hitch gradually expired 1952 - 1956.

Prior to 1956 only Ferguson and Ford tractors had early version of what is today the standard three point hitch.

During the 1960's many tractor manufacturers sold kits that retrofitted two point hitch tractors to a Ferguson style three-point hitch.

Some of these retro kits were fair, some bad; basically lipstick on a pig.

Compatibility issues with these retro fit kits plague implement manufacturers to this day.

HELPFUL LINKS:

TractorData.com - Three-Point Hitch

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/179921-2-point-3-point-hitch.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/projects/121372-3-point-conversion-c-wd.html

Last edited: