2.7EB vs 3.5EB?

/ 2.7EB vs 3.5EB? #41  
I agree, total idiot. Like mentioned the hitch, which is the same on most of the newer Fords is rated at 500 lbs tongue weight without a WD hitch. He has a solid draw bar so he is going by that rating.

/ 2.7EB vs 3.5EB? #42  
So let me get this right WilliamBos ....the thread is about Ford Ecobousts , but you constantly are inserting about unsubstantiated AFM GM engine problems , and you say I am the one misdirecting the thread. Careful your inconsequential bias is showing William ! ..... but I am seeing the pattern .

/ 2.7EB vs 3.5EB? #44  
My 2014 Sierra with the 5.3L / AFM hasn't used a drop of oil in 3+ years. In fact the whole truck has been flawless except for the OEM battery which died just before the basic 3/36 warranty was up (and was replaced at no cost to me). I'll wait until about 6 years and lots more miles before I make a final conclusion, but so far it's been a great truck.

/ 2.7EB vs 3.5EB? #45  
My 2014 Sierra with the 5.3L / AFM hasn't used a drop of oil in 3+ years. In fact the whole truck has been flawless except for the OEM battery which died just before the basic 3/36 warranty was up (and was replaced at no cost to me). I'll wait until about 6 years and lots more miles before I make a final conclusion, but so far it's been a great truck.
that's my experience too with mine S219

/ 2.7EB vs 3.5EB? #46  
You read the Ford F15p forums they list some problems with the 2.7. High oil usage as I recall. 5.0 with knocks. 3.5 EcoBoost blowing up. Anybody that makes a lot of vehicles is going to have a few problems.

/ 2.7EB vs 3.5EB? #47  
On a straight, flat road, for 23 seconds?

Hereç—´ a guy who towed 11,700 and got called out, so he responded in detail.

Not calling anyone out,just stated the facts.To many folks pi$$ing around on there cell phones when they should be DRIVING.Ever had one of your co-workers killed by one of these folks, I have.Not much fun going to funerals that could have been avoided.

/ 2.7EB vs 3.5EB? #48  
Not condoning texting, I ride motorcycles and the texters are bad or worse than drunks. I use my phone in the car, listen to the radio, adjust the AC etc so I would be a hypocrite.

/ 2.7EB vs 3.5EB? #49  
On a straight, flat road, for 23 seconds?

Here痴 a guy who towed 11,700 and got called out, so he responded in detail.

I don't get it, either. My F150 weights 6,200 pounds and is longer than Kapper's truck. My truck is rated to tow 11K. Its brakes are massive for a half-ton (and i just replaced them at 95,000 miles). Ford's F150s tow very well with their anti sway set up, auto braking on hills, and slowing the steering down when in tow-haul mode.

/ 2.7EB vs 3.5EB? #50  
You read the Ford F15p forums they list some problems with the 2.7. High oil usage as I recall. 5.0 with knocks. 3.5 EcoBoost blowing up. Anybody that makes a lot of vehicles is going to have a few problems.

The 3.5L issue of blowing up is hydrolock. Solved by drilling a 1/16" weep hole in the bottom of the intercooler to blow the water vapor out. Ford, due to EPA issues, cannot drill a weep hole and was forced to make the intercooler less efficient. The 2.7L designed its way around the issue as well as an issue that if the gasket on the fuel pump failed can also cause hydrolock. The 2017 3.5L redesign also solved the potential fuel pump problem as well.