2 bottom plow hook-up - help!!!

/ 2 bottom plow hook-up - help!!!
I looked up Allis Chalmers on the INTERNET and am pretty sure I have a 2 bottom Allis Chalmers, as suggested by Farmwithjunk, minus the quick coupler. Now I have to find a bolt or something to keep the plow from coming up.

George

Farmwithjunk has a picture of the plow posted in an attachment for everyone to view. It may not be a Allis Chalmers, but looks like the one I found on the internet.

/ 2 bottom plow hook-up - help!!! #13  
Another shot. Looks like the top link is WAY too short for starters. I still think it should attach to the HIGHEST hole where it hooks to the tractor also.

Attachments

• acplow2.jpg
    acplow2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 532
Note: The top link in the pictures is in the last position we tried to solve the problem. The top link was attached as per the norm when the top link was bent. As I stated we tried every conceivable way to prevent the plow from coming up. In each position, as in the one in the attach, I would lower the blades, have them dig in and move the tractor forward SLOWLY, and when the adjustment mechanism touched the top link I would stop, back up and we would attempt another solution. The shear pin theory seems to be one that may work. Something has to stop the blades from continuous rising.

George

/ 2 bottom plow hook-up - help!!! #15  
I have a Brinley plow for my old Wheel Horse garden tractor that has the adjustment handle on it. It is used to set the plow at the proper angle. Set right, the plow should dive into the ground, not pull toward the surface. The 3ph should keep it from going too deep.

/ 2 bottom plow hook-up - help!!! #16  
My guess would be that the acton of the plow lifting the dirt should keep it under ground. If it is coming to the surface then the nose is too high. Shorten the top link. This is just a guess though.

If this doesn't work then lengthen the top link. :)

/ 2 bottom plow hook-up - help!!! #17  
Racer71 said:
My guess would be that the acton of the plow lifting the dirt should keep it under ground. If it is coming to the surface then the nose is too high. Shorten the top link. This is just a guess though.

If this doesn't work then lengthen the top link. :)

Look at the attitude of the plow in the pictures. The tail is WAY too high in relation to the front.

We need a side picture from 15 to 20 feet away to show a better perspective.

/ 2 bottom plow hook-up - help!!! #18  
i too think it is a ac plow . with the snap coupler removed . they had a ring in placee of the crank handle. the plow should be able to made to work. how i don't know with out being there. sorry

/ 2 bottom plow hook-up - help!!! #19  
To compress your pictures:

If you are using Microsoft right click on the file while in explore or my computer window.

Select "Open with"

Select "Microsoft Office Picture Manager"

Select "Edit Picture"

Select "Compress picture"

Select "Documents"

Select File and save as then give it a new name. Now you can post the picture.

/ 2 bottom plow hook-up - help!!! #20  
That is definitely an old Allis 50 series snap coupler plow (poorly) converted to 3 point hitch(sort of). You will at a minimum need to get a longer than standard toplink to level out that mess. Keep in mind that on this plow the bottom of the share, as viewed from front to back should be level in operating position (buried 6-8 "deep) When viewed from the back, with your right wheel in the just plowed furrow, the frame should be level from side to side. To properly set this plow up, get the tractor and plow up on a level slab of concrete or asphalt, first set the level front to back by adjusting the toplink then roll the tractor's left rear wheel up on a 6X6 or 8X8 wooden block about 2' long, set the brake, and then adjust the lift arms so that the plow is level left to right. This should get you close enough, if the shares aren't wore out. Hopefully, whoever made this rig put enough thought into design, so that it will work.:confused: