2 Stroke Engine Oil/Gas Mix?

/ 2 Stroke Engine Oil/Gas Mix? #1  

MarkV

Tractor
1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39
Can anyone share insite on 2 stroke gas/oil mix? I have so many gas cans around for differnt 2 strokes I have trouble keeping them straight. Chain saw wants 30:1, trimmer 50:1, blower 40:1, ect. I had a dealer tell me to run them all at 40:1 and I would be ok. Just don't know enough to be sure. What do all of you do?

/ 2 Stroke Engine Oil/Gas Mix? #2  
Thats what I do. I have a Stihl chainsaw, Echo chainsaw, Echo blower, Husqvarna weed eater, Shindawa weed eater (my favorite) and use the same mix in them all. 40 to 1 is the standard and I have had no problems. I mix about 2.5 gallons each time unless I know I can't use it up in several months time. I usually use Echo or Stihl mix and have been told to stay away from the 100 to 1 synthetic mixes. Rat...

/ 2 Stroke Engine Oil/Gas Mix? #3  
MarkV,
I use 40:1 mixture on my weed trimmers and chainsaws and never yet had a problem.
I tad richer when the bugs are hungry.

Take care.

Thomas..NH

/ 2 Stroke Engine Oil/Gas Mix? #4  
I'm finally down to only two 2 stroke engines now; a chainsaw and a seldom used portable pump. So I use the same mixture in both. I've always been told (whether right or wrong) that the only problem with running too rich a mixture is that the spark plug might foul a little sooner or the carbon buildup in the exhaust ports and muffler might need to be cleaned out a little sooner. And those two things, and adjusting the carb. is the only thing I've ever had to do to any of the 2 stroke engines I've owned, except for replacing points and condensor in a Lawnboy mower once.

Bird

/ 2 Stroke Engine Oil/Gas Mix? #5  
Same here. I had so many one to 2.5 gallon cans around I could not keep them straight. So now I run 32:1 in my McCullouch chain saw and two homelite brush/weed cutters. It is a little rich, but when cutting pulp in June it does help with the bugs. In a pinch I have even run it in my lawnmower.

/ 2 Stroke Engine Oil/Gas Mix? #6  
I too had many different mixes, and was very unsure about the 100-1 syn. claims. But for 5 years now that is all that I have used in all my 2-stroke equipment (6 engines all running great) and only one can of fuel.

Mike

/ 2 Stroke Engine Oil/Gas Mix? #7  
I run husky saws and a stihl brushcutter my fuel mix is 40-1 the huskys call for a 50-1 but I run them tight so alittle extra oil doesn't hurt and I clean the sparkarrestor screen on a regular basis I've had no problems doing this but I also adjusted the carb accordingly to run out well in the cut. I only use NGK plugs in two strokes they seem to hold up better all the way around than other plugs.
Gordon

/ 2 Stroke Engine Oil/Gas Mix? #8  
Hi Rat
i'm sorry to say i'd run syn 2 stroke oil any day in my saws and scrub cuters in fact stihl in NZ push the stuff and husky ,it mix's better and once mixed it stays that way you are right to only mix what you can use in a short time i would say a month is better .i have seen a saw run on the wrong mix (when i say wrong i mean 200+:1 ) it lasted 1 1/3 tanks of gas and was rock soild
cya
JD Kid

/ 2 Stroke Engine Oil/Gas Mix? #9  
I like the dyed oils like LawnBoy. You can look at the fuel and if it is not blue, don't use it. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ 2 Stroke Engine Oil/Gas Mix?
Thanks all. Just what I wanted to hear. I'll be mixing up a new batch of oil/gas this weekend. Anyone in the market for some slightly used gas cans?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif