2001 PT425 - 19 years later I measure the lift capacity

/ 2001 PT425 - 19 years later I measure the lift capacity #11  
Well, I did back up with the 840 on it, me on the seat, curled the bucket, lowered it to the ground, raised it 2" and it tipped on its nose back and forth like a teeter totter as soon as I went it reverse, as soon as I turned, and every time I stopped.

Talking to the factory, it's rated for 800# at the quick attach. So anything further out from the quick attach, like the bucket and anything in it, is considered added to the 800# total. That it lifted the bucket and the 840# I added into it, and considering the bucket weighs less than 100#, as I can pick it up by hand myself, that's a tad over 900# total. I'm quite happy with that, considering it's rated at 800#.

I guess the old 422 would out lift the 425, I had a guy sit on the and I moved a surface grinder in to his shop. Now that is heavy..... jim

/ 2001 PT425 - 19 years later I measure the lift capacity #12  
Also, I have been moving #11 limestone around for my garage addition. It weighs 2500# per ton. That's 833# per 1/3 yard, and I can't take a full heaping 1/3 yard bucket of it or it'll tip on it's nose. So again, that's about the exact same weight as the concrete I was testing with in known quantity.

#11 LIMESTONE – 3/16″-1/2″ | Kuert

blue rock is what I'm talking about 2A modified is 3000 lb. to the yard. 2a - goes down to dust no air gaps that is silica rock, not lime stone look it up ..... jim

/ 2001 PT425 - 19 years later I measure the lift capacity
blue rock is what I'm talking about 2A modified is 3000 lb. to the yard. 2a - goes down to dust no air gaps that is silica rock, not lime stone look it up ..... jim

I don't want to look it up. Weight is weight. Mine won't lift more than about 840 in the large bucket without tipping on it's nose.

/ 2001 PT425 - 19 years later I measure the lift capacity #15  
I do know the PT. will lift more than most if not all CUTs...... jim

Yes, I agree. a 1500# machine lifting more than half its weight is pretty impressive.

Yes, I agree. a 1500# machine lifting more than half its weight is pretty impressive.

/ 2001 PT425 - 19 years later I measure the lift capacity #18  
Yes it is and if you would sit on the back it would lift is own weight, because a the surface grinder weighed more than that ..... lol.... a truly remarkable machine ... jim

I'd be worried about roasting my center joints or wheel motors. I have dragged a huge log backwards on the forks when it wouldn't lift it. Kinda hard to turn when the rear wheels are a foot off the ground. :laughing:

Hmmm..... good time for turning brakes on the FRONT wheels. :scratchchin:

/ 2001 PT425 - 19 years later I measure the lift capacity #20  
I did replace the wheel motors to get more power never had trouble with the center pin I grease a lot....... jim

Last edited: