2004 TC40DA hazard flasher

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher
The module controls turn signals and flasher functions. It would be difficult to replace it with an automotive flasher if you wanted to keep both functions. Here is the wiring diagram from the owner's manual.

View attachment 455580

Wonder if I could tap into the two lines that go to the lights and put in a flasher and just bye pass the normal switch?

It actually isn't an automotive type flasher, it's a control unit that is a NH only part and it isn't cheap. Here are the relevant pages on that from the service manual.

Does the service manual show how to test the dash switch, as to witch prongs should have power going out when in the on or off position? Thanks again Don If only I could be so lucky that it's the switch!!!!!

Does the service manual show how to test the dash switch, as to witch prongs should have power going out when in the on or off position? Thanks again Don If only I could be so lucky that it's the switch!!!!!

Mystery solved, call my dealer, talked with the service manager to try to find out what it might be, was a relay $17.99 at napa down the road and I have flashers again, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!!!!!
Does anyone have a page that could tell me what all the relays go to, I think there is 8 different relays ? Thanks again Don

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #14  
Here are the relays and instructions for testing the switch. Glad it ended up being something easy for you.

Attachments

• Relays.jpg
    Relays.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 469
  • HS Test 1.jpg
    HS Test 1.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 739
  • HS Test 2.jpg
    HS Test 2.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 238
  • HS Test 3.jpg
    HS Test 3.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 254
   / 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #15  
I managed to rip the lights of the ROPS working in the woods several times.

On my TC40DA I turned my flasher units around and put them on the inside of the ROPS. It was an easy job and the existing wire juuuust made it around the post so I could bolt it right back into the existing holes - but on the inside and out of the way of branches, etc.

Here are the relays and instructions for testing the switch. Glad it ended up being something easy for you.

Well so much for thinking it was the relay, right back to the same problem, was working fine during warm up this morning, as soon as I got it on the road, no flashers, few minutes later they were working again, then they weren't. gosh I hate electrical problems.....

Can a flasher unit or a relay or a switch sometimes work and others not?

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #17  
I think I'd be looking for a bad ground or other loose connection somewhere at this point. It sounds like wiring more than electronics.

STx, Does the manual that you are sending me info show anywhere that there is a ground?

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #19  
There are a few but since this is only effecting the hazards, I'd go through their wiring visually to check for loose connections. I don't think your issue is one of the main wire grounds. One of those is located right by the starter but if it was that, you'd be seeing electrical problems in other places.

STx does your manual have a electrical legend that tells what the abbreviations are for? Eg-hm129, hm39, and so on? I have a relative that deals in automotive electric problems. He thinks he could chase some of it if he knows where things are going