2004 TC40DA hazard flasher

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #21  
   / 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did the test in the manual of the flasher unit itself, looks like I have found the gremlin. I hate to spend $175 on that part, but I would hate to be plowing snow or hauling something down the road and get wacked.... Money well spent.

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #24  
Glad it helped you out.

I've given a link for people to download that manual 4 or 5 times and you're the first one to say thank you. It's nice to have it appreciated finally since I paid $150 for it and spent 12 hours of my life getting it from the proprietary and locked PDF that only works on Windows XP that it came as into an unlocked PDF that I could use on any version of Windows.

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #25  
Any hints on doing that? I have the TC18/TC21 manual on CD and ended up printing it out on paper for the same issues - proprietary and locked PDF that only works on a WindowsXP machine.

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #26  
Any hints on doing that? I have the TC18/TC21 manual on CD and ended up printing it out on paper for the same issues - proprietary and locked PDF that only works on a WindowsXP machine.

It was a complete pain in the butt. I had to setup an XP machine and then download some special little unlocker program that converted the locked PDF files to regular ones. I can't remember what the name of it was though, it took me several hours to find one that worked and get it going. I wish I could be more help, it's been over a year and I can't remember what the technology was that locked it up to search for it again.

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #27  
Try searching for virtual XP on later versions of Windows. We're running some older software at work this way.

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #28  
Try searching for virtual XP on later versions of Windows. We're running some older software at work this way.

As I recall, I did setup a Windows XP virtual machine but the way it addressed the CD-ROM drive wouldn't allow the manuals to function correctly.

Glad it helped you out.

I've given a link for people to download that manual 4 or 5 times and you're the first one to say thank you. It's nice to have it appreciated finally since I paid $150 for it and spent 12 hours of my life getting it from the proprietary and locked PDF that only works on Windows XP that it came as into an unlocked PDF that I could use on any version of Windows.

Please let me know if I can send you something for your help, would be very glad to. Don

/ 2004 TC40DA hazard flasher #30  
The thank you was enough. I do appreciate your offer.