2006 RTV 900 starts hard when less that 1/2 tank of fuel

/ 2006 RTV 900 starts hard when less that 1/2 tank of fuel
Lift pump. I have seen this problem many times. Good Luck Lance
Put on a $10 electric fuel pump from amazon and it runs like it hasn't in a long time. Also while I was at it I turned up the fuel on the injection pump 2 turns so now isn't quite so doggy and will roll a little black if I want it to. Thanks everyone again. Next project is to adjust the hydrostat so If you get stuck on a hill you can still get it out of gear. Doesn't seem to be getting completely to neutral at idle.

/ 2006 RTV 900 starts hard when less that 1/2 tank of fuel #12  
   / 2006 RTV 900 starts hard when less that 1/2 tank of fuel #13  
Put on a $10 electric fuel pump from amazon and it runs like it hasn't in a long time. Also while I was at it I turned up the fuel on the injection pump 2 turns so now isn't quite so doggy and will roll a little black if I want it to. Thanks everyone again. Next project is to adjust the hydrostat so If you get stuck on a hill you can still get it out of gear. Doesn't seem to be getting completely to neutral at idle.

Glad you figured it out.

The HST issue is a tough one. There are some adjustments that can be made to make it easier to get out of gear. The most effective is patience. Hold the brake pedal down, wait 2 seconds, then try to get it out of gear.

Do you have a Shop Manual?

/ 2006 RTV 900 starts hard when less that 1/2 tank of fuel
Glad you figured it out.

The HST issue is a tough one. There are some adjustments that can be made to make it easier to get out of gear. The most effective is patience. Hold the brake pedal down, wait 2 seconds, then try to get it out of gear.

Do you have a Shop Manual?

Ya that seems to work sometimes but there are other times on a steep grade where I have had to shut the engine down to get it out of gear. I don't have a physical shop manual but do have some PDF pages on it. Nothing about adjusting the shift cables that I have found yet.