Buying Advice 2008 Kubota BX23

/ 2008 Kubota BX23 #21  
Hydrasports,

I would encourage you to look at and test drive a BX 1850/2350/24 if you have the opportunity. There is an issue with some abrupt stopping in reverse, particularly in high range. However, there are a lot of these tractors out there with very satisfied owners, myself included. The updates to the BX 1860/2360/25 did apparently correct the abrupt stopping, but these models are significantly newer and are going to bring a higher price. If you see a 1850/2350/24 at a fair price and it is equipped as you want it, by all means try it out. The main issue, as I mentioned, is abrupt stopping in reverse, especially in high range. There were some issues with early models in this series with cracks developing in the rear fender area but I believe Kubota corrected the problem later on and provided warranty repair to the affected units. Bottom line, don't be afraid to look at one of these tractors strictly at the advice of someone who doesn't own one. Good luck in your search, BXs are great little machines.

Matt.

/ 2008 Kubota BX23
I think the GVW for my pop up at max is arond 4,000 lbs and I believe that would be fully loaded and around 350 tounge weight possibly 400. is that too much?

/ 2008 Kubota BX23 #23  
I think moving your pop-up is certainly within the capabilities of a BX. My only concern is that it sounds like the trailer outweighs the BX about 2:1 so caution will be required on hills or any slippery surfaces (wet grass, etc) I moved a 4000lb boat and trailer on level ground with my lawn tractor so it is definitely possible with a BX.

Matt.

/ 2008 Kubota BX23 #24  
I think moving your pop-up is certainly within the capabilities of a BX. My only concern is that it sounds like the trailer outweighs the BX about 2:1 so caution will be required on hills or any slippery surfaces (wet grass, etc) I moved a 4000lb boat and trailer on level ground with my lawn tractor so it is definitely possible with a BX.

Matt.
level VS a slope is a whole different ball game.

/ 2008 Kubota BX23 #25  
Hydrasports,
I would encourage you to look at and test drive a BX 1850/2350/24 if you have the opportunity. There is an issue with some abrupt stopping in reverse, particularly in high range. However,
1* there are a lot of these tractors out there with very satisfied owners, myself included.
2*The updates to the BX 1860/2360/25 did apparently correct the abrupt stopping.
3* There were some issues with early models in this series with cracks developing in the rear fender area but I believe Kubota corrected the problem later on and provided warranty repair to the affected units.
4* don't be afraid to look at one of these tractors strictly at the advice of someone who doesn't own one. Good luck in your search, BXs are great little machines.
1*They are satisifed because they never experienced the difference and have nothing to compare with it.
2*The BX 1860/2360/25 were not updates they were new models that replaced the defective BX1850 2350 and 24.
3*But there was no recall or notification from Kubota to the owners so if they never heard about it those BXs were never repaired.
4*I don't have to own a defective product to know i would not care for one.

/ 2008 Kubota BX23 #26  
ScannedImage004_004_004_zps910a2c87.jpg

My 3 BXS
None of these have the shifting or cracked plastic issues.
So why would I want one that did?

/ 2008 Kubota BX23
There was a BX2350 that was like an hour away from me for sale and I was going to take a look at it as it only had 220 hours on it but the asking price, to me, seemed high and the owner didn't want to talk too much and believes that his dealer will sell it for him for more then I will pay. Oh well c'est la vie!

/ 2008 Kubota BX23
OK LBrown59 you suck! Just kidding, but I wish I had one of your machines nevermind 3! LOL

The good thing with the slope in my lawn is I can move the trailer mostly perpendicular so it's not like I will have a chance of roll over. Mostly just either drive forward with the trailer or reverse it to where it needs to go, luckily it's also not a huge hill but just something that is there and worth mentioning.

/ 2008 Kubota BX23 #29  

Matt.
True, guys at the camp ground move 6000# TT's with 800# quads...Gotta be real careful though.

/ 2008 Kubota BX23 #30  
Hydrasports,

I would encourage you to look at and test drive a BX 1850/2350/24 if you have the opportunity. There is an issue with some abrupt stopping in reverse, particularly in high range. However, there are a lot of these tractors out there with very satisfied owners, myself included. The updates to the BX 1860/2360/25 did apparently correct the abrupt stopping, but these models are significantly newer and are going to bring a higher price. If you see a 1850/2350/24 at a fair price and it is equipped as you want it, by all means try it out. The main issue, as I mentioned, is abrupt stopping in reverse, especially in high range. There were some issues with early models in this series with cracks developing in the rear fender area but I believe Kubota corrected the problem later on and provided warranty repair to the affected units. Bottom line, don't be afraid to look at one of these tractors strictly at the advice of someone who doesn't own one. Good luck in your search, BXs are great little machines.

Matt.

You are absolutely correct...I necessarily wouldn't call the abrupt stop a defect, just something that may be unpleasant until one gets used to it, I have no experience with this as my BX23 is fine after 8 years of trouble free ownership..If this is viewed by the market with some kind of distain, it would work to the OP's price advantage athough I've only seen a handful of people address this here and many of the other owners of the mentioned BX said they didn't see any issues...Matter of perspective I guess.

My RTV abrupt stops by design..My BX23 is fairly smooth although I have never backed up in H and dumped the pedal...Not sure why that would be necessary or safe anyway even without the abrupt stop.