2012 models

/ 2012 models #12  
I want trades, heck we have one trade in compact for every 5 people looking for one.

So why is it every time I go to trade I get insulted:confused:
If a dealer truly wanted trades then it would make sense to offer a little more. I know I would trade more often on new if my trade was not stolen from me.:confused2:

/ 2012 models #13  
So why is it every time I go to trade I get insulted:confused:
If a dealer truly wanted trades then it would make sense to offer a little more. I know I would trade more often on new if my trade was not stolen from me.:confused2:
Maybe your going to the wrong place to trade. I've bought 13 from Barlows. Still have 5 of the 13, sold one of the 13 myself and all the rest were trades back to Barlows. I never felt insulted with the trade or I wouldn't have continued doing it.
Try another dealer with your trades but just remember he can buy new ones wholesale and HAS to make a profit to cover overhead. Now go trade.:thumbsup::)

/ 2012 models #14  
John, but we were discussing "used" tractors.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ 2012 models #15  
any sane dealer will take those nice clean barely used tractors on trade for a new tractor.to me the dealer makes his profit off of selling the trade in tractors.

/ 2012 models #16  
Maybe your going to the wrong place to trade. I've bought 13 from Barlows. Still have 5 of the 13, sold one of the 13 myself and all the rest were trades back to Barlows. I never felt insulted with the trade or I wouldn't have continued doing it.
Try another dealer with your trades but just remember he can buy new ones wholesale and HAS to make a profit to cover overhead. Now go trade.:thumbsup::)

Kubota has the dealers in my area on a short leash. If I get a quote from one then I cannot go to any other dealer. I have 3 dealers in my area and I have to buy from one of them. I have tried dealers outside my area and have been told they will not deal with me and I must stay in my area.:(
Really sucks and completely eliminates competition. Soooo back to my original complaint. They give really crappy quotes on trades.:confused2:

/ 2012 models #17  
that wouldnt fly round here.i have 4 kubota dealers close to me.an i bought from a dealer thats 40mi from me.

/ 2012 models #18  
that wouldnt fly round here.i have 4 kubota dealers close to me.an i bought from a dealer thats 40mi from me.

Goes beyond all comprehension but that is how kubota operates here. Almost makes a guy want to buy green but oh wait. One outfit owns all the dealerships and they operate the same way.:mad:

/ 2012 models #19  
I purchased two Kubota's this summer, checked with all Kubota dealers in 130 mile radius, and even checked with Barlow's, no one could come close to the price Messick's gave me. I purchased both and Messick's delivered 130 miles . I never mentioned a trade in, because I know I wanted more than the tractor is worth, condition,low hours, and maintance were taken into consideration, I still have the tractor and will keep it if it doesn't sell locally.

/ 2012 models #20  
Kubota has the dealers in my area on a short leash. If I get a quote from one then I cannot go to any other dealer. I have 3 dealers in my area and I have to buy from one of them. I have tried dealers outside my area and have been told they will not deal with me and I must stay in my area.:(
Really sucks and completely eliminates competition. Soooo back to my original complaint. They give really crappy quotes on trades.:confused2:
This must surely be a Canadian thing. I believe that would fall under the price fixing laws in USA which is illegal. Also gets close to restraint of trade which is also illegal in USA. Possibly/probably it's not a Kubota thing and is a dealers getting together thing which is the price fixing and restraint of trade actions.