2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
The JD sales/dealership owner got back to me quickly and actually stood by his word and matched the price for what he said was the most comparable model to the CK30 and Boomer30. The 3032E with the FEL attached for $17,500. Delivery is up to me and my camp is 200 miles from this dealership. I could of course, rent a trailer. OK, I got the fact that it's a JD. But beyond that, I took a look at the specs and noticed the 3032E is smaller, lighter, and has non-removable loader arms and pistons. It does have 1.5HP more than the CK. At 1000lbs less and with 6" less wheelbase, I'm not sure that it's comparing apples and apples here. Resale value and dealer support for JD is without question. But aside from the color, this particular JD model doesn't seem to measure up to the others. Jump to a higher model and the price is no longer compatible. Props to the JD guy for getting back to me and making a great offer. Still, I'm liking the Kioti more and more.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #12  
I got you, James. Thanks. I would have figured the same as I've never used either style of pedal, I'd not be missing what I never knew.

I see you own a DK35. I sat in the DK series and loved the size and feel. Due to a cash flow (no cash, no flow) problem, I was "just lookin', not cookin'. To confuse me more, another nearby dealer threw an offer at me on another model. A CK30 HST/FEL for $18K or, a new DS4110 he has with HST and FEL for $18,500. The first dealer had told me the DS series were bare bones models and not as good a value. Of course, the extra 10HP seems a good value to me. As the owner of a new 100 acre camp (almost all woods) my needs are varied. I'm only able to visit on weekends for the most part. Even then, I can't imagine more than occasional use of the tractor, mostly for maintaining a 1/2 mile dirt road in, tilling a half acre of soil, lifting or moving logs out of the way, and mowing a half acre. I'm thinking 40HP is a bit more than I'd need in any case. So it comes down to slightly smaller tractor with more creature comforts, or the DS with more HP and slightly more weight.

Judging by what you said you need to do, I would probably get the CK. I like creature comforts more and more as I get older.

James K0UA

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #13  
The JD sales/dealership owner got back to me quickly and actually stood by his word and matched the price for what he said was the most comparable model to the CK30 and Boomer30. The 3032E with the FEL attached for $17,500. Delivery is up to me and my camp is 200 miles from this dealership. I could of course, rent a trailer. OK, I got the fact that it's a JD. But beyond that, I took a look at the specs and noticed the 3032E is smaller, lighter, and has non-removable loader arms and pistons. It does have 1.5HP more than the CK. At 1000lbs less and with 6" less wheelbase, I'm not sure that it's comparing apples and apples here. Resale value and dealer support for JD is without question. But aside from the color, this particular JD model doesn't seem to measure up to the others. Jump to a higher model and the price is no longer compatible. Props to the JD guy for getting back to me and making a great offer. Still, I'm liking the Kioti more and more.

Doesnt the Kioti have SSQA also? 3 speed hydrostat vs 2 speed and telescoping lower 3pt links and stabilizers. That is worth a bunch. trust me. Without a doubt, the JD service organization it better, in that you could move anywhere and be sure to find a dealer and parts. The Kioti is a better equipped machine with more weight, and way more features.

James K0UA

Thanks for the reply, James. I take your experience to heart. BTW, whats SSQA?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #15  
Thanks for the reply, James. I take your experience to heart. BTW, whats SSQA?

SSQA= Skid Steer Quick Attach on your Front End Loader. also known as BobTach or just Quick Attach. A universal standard to exchange bucket, forks, grapples or any tool you can think up and make that will attach on the front of your FEL arms. I was thinking even the KL130 loaders had it, but perhaps not. Check and see if the bucket comes off of the loader arms.

James K0UA

SSQA= I was thinking even the KL130 loaders had it, but perhaps not. Check and see if the bucket comes off of the loader arms.

James K0UA

I was told by the NH/Kioti dealer that the CK30HST package he offered me would have the quick attach on the FEL. The Boomer, I'm not so sure. I've read the JD 3032 can lose the bucket but never the arms/hydraulics. Presumably, that would limit my attachment options for the front? If so, I'd rule out the JD right off the bat.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #17  
I took a look at the specs and noticed the 3032E is smaller, lighter, and has non-removable loader arms and pistons. It does have 1.5HP more than the CK. At 1000lbs less and with 6" less wheelbase, I'm not sure that it's comparing apples and apples here.

The 3032 is in the same class, I think it just is made of a lot of aluminum, that's why it is lighter. Did you look at a Kubota L3200 yet?

The 3032 is in the same class, I think it just is made of a lot of aluminum, that's why it is lighter. Did you look at a Kubota L3200 yet?

It's my impression that essentially a tractor pushes, pulls and lifts. I've been told that boils down to two things. Power and traction. People seem to want the heaviest tractor possible. I plan on doing quite a bit of FEL work. The JD guy said I can purchase his box weight for the rear hitch for that, but 1000 lbs is a lot of difference as is the 6" wheelbase. I plan on looking at the L3200 this weekend when I find the nearest Kubota dealership. My neighbor has the L4240 and swears by Kubota. His experiences with his last two JDs couldn't have been good. When I asked about them, he said his were in the shop from the get-go and mutters something best not repeated. Talking about his 8N with great pride, he paused and smiled looking up. I'd swear I saw a tear in his eye.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #19  
It's my impression that essentially a tractor pushes, pulls and lifts. I've been told that boils down to two things. Power and traction. People seem to want the heaviest tractor possible. I plan on doing quite a bit of FEL work. The JD guy said I can purchase his box weight for the rear hitch for that, but 1000 lbs is a lot of difference as is the 6" wheelbase. I plan on looking at the L3200 this weekend when I find the nearest Kubota dealership. My neighbor has the L4240 and swears by Kubota. His experiences with his last two JDs couldn't have been good. When I asked about them, he said his were in the shop from the get-go and mutters something best not repeated. Talking about his 8N with great pride, he paused and smiled looking up. I'd swear I saw a tear in his eye.

Keep in mind your friends L4240 is in a different class of any of the tractors we have discussed. It is a deluxe, heavy full featured tractor. Yes doing loader work weight is important, in the chassis of the tractor, as well as you will also need 3pt weight to "unload" stress on your front axle now matter which tractor you are going to get. This is both a safety issue as well as a equipment abuse issue. A properly ballasted and balanced tractor is a happy tractor. You are safer and the tractor is safer.
You will find the L3200 is a nice tractor, but it also is a "standard" tractor, meaning it is missing a lot of the convenience features like telescoping lower links and stabilizers,
Does not have cruise control standard, but it is offered as an option. Some of them have a jerky 3pt when going up slowly. In other words, cost cutting measures were taken to keep the price lower. It does outweigh the JD, and has a nice removable loader, that has a bit more power and lift height, and it also has a 3 range hydrostat instead of the 2 range on the JD. It also does not have any aluminum castings. If you have some extra cash, look at the Grand L series in Kubota, and the DK series in Kioti. Unfortunately Kioti is no longer making the Dk35se like I have, because they could not fit the Tier4 final emission equipment needed to meet the 2013 specs on the smaller chassis of this tractor, so the smallest DK is the DK40 a larger chassis 40 horse tractor. Good luck in what ever you choose.

James K0UA

Great info you guys are giving me. I'm learning more everytime I log in and thank you for that.

I must admit, the JD is trying his best. He sent me several good counterpoints to my criticism over weight differences. Weight is greater in the NH and Kioti because they use more steel plates and welds to accomplish the necessary bends and joints. JD has the industrial advantage of being able to put bends in much larger plates, eliminating many weld points and thus, weight. I understand his point but not sure I buy it completely. How can a 6" longer wheelbase not be responsible for a good share of the greater weight? There's more to it than some extra welds. He points out that while the FEL arms are not detachable, the bucket is a quick detach. Also that kioti's PTO is live while NH and JD are independent.

Question: if the FEL arms are not detachable, will this interfere with the use of various front end implements? Is this a serious drawback?