2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #21  
I would rather have a independent pto on a hydro tractor. You don't use the clutch anyways, just select a range and go. A removable loader is nice but some people never take their off. If you would have to do some major work the loader will come off in 5 mins vs a all day job on a no removable. If the loader is non removeable you will not be able to run a frame mounted snow plow or a snow blower. The JD or Kubota or not available with a mid pto. One drawback to the John Deere is the quick attach on the loader, it is their own, not a universal skid steer qa. While you are at the Kubota dealer you may want to look at a L3240, the are really nice. Like James said it is comparable to a DK35.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #22  
Great info you guys are giving me. I'm learning more everytime I log in and thank you for that.

I must admit, the JD is trying his best. He sent me several good counterpoints to my criticism over weight differences. Weight is greater in the NH and Kioti because they use more steel plates and welds to accomplish the necessary bends and joints. JD has the industrial advantage of being able to put bends in much larger plates, eliminating many weld points and thus, weight. I understand his point but not sure I buy it completely. How can a 6" longer wheelbase not be responsible for a good share of the greater weight? There's more to it than some extra welds. He points out that while the FEL arms are not detachable, the bucket is a quick detach. Also that kioti's PTO is live while NH and JD are independent.

Question: if the FEL arms are not detachable, will this interfere with the use of various front end implements? Is this a serious drawback?

I liked that weld plate story, That was creative. Weight is weight. My understanding is the JD has an aluminum casting in the rear end. Ask him about that. The bucket is JD proprietary quick detach. Not saying that is bad, at all. just be aware that it is proprietary, not universal. You will be locked into the JD universe of attachments. if you don't plan on taking off the loader then it is not a drawback. I have never taken the loader off of my new Kioti.. I do mostly loader work. When I mowed a large acreage with my tractor (a Shibaura built New Holland). I took the loader off every time I mowed. BUT all of that said, if the JD looks like it will do all you want to do, and you like and trust this dealer.. then buy the JD.. some time ago when I looked at a JD 3038e (same as a 3032e only more HP) I did not like it. for a host of reasons, and I did not buy it. I bought a standard Kubota instead. Now I have a Kioti.. a much heavier, yet and more deluxe tractor with more capability and features. The loader loader is not detachable because it saves money, the weight is lower because it saves money, the hydro is 2 speed instead of 3 because it saves money, There are not telescoping links because it saves money. the quick attach is the proprietary JD instead of SSQA because it saves money. the whole idea is to get an attractive tractor out there at a price point that can attract buyers. They sell a lot of them and people like them. They also have more upscale tractors for more money that have every feature you could ever want on them, including SSQA if you want it instead of the JD QA. It is all about the money:)

James K0UA

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #23  
the quick attach is the proprietary JD instead of SSQA because it saves money.
James K0UA
You have that backwards, it makes money because you more likely to go through JD to get qa stuff.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #24  
You have that backwards, it makes money because you more likely to go through JD to get qa stuff.

yeah it makes money for JD dealers:) with SSQA you get whatever you want wherever you want to get it.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
I've all but given up on the JD. Just more tractor for the same money in the NH and Kioti. I also don't want to be forced to buy JD implements. I appreciate the advice I've gotten from you guys. I'm back to Kioti vs NH. Live PTO vs Independent, 2yr/3yr warranty vs 2yr/2yr. 3 cylinders or 4. In the end, I'll just have to test drive the Boomer and Kioti and see how they both feel.

Doc

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #26  
I've all but given up on the JD. Just more tractor for the same money in the NH and Kioti. I also don't want to be forced to buy JD implements. I appreciate the advice I've gotten from you guys. I'm back to Kioti vs NH. Live PTO vs Independent, 2yr/3yr warranty vs 2yr/2yr. 3 cylinders or 4. In the end, I'll just have to test drive the Boomer and Kioti and see how they both feel.

Doc

Now your talking!! Saddle up I say....

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #27  

Doc
You dropped the Kubota too?:hissyfit:

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #28  
I just spent alot of time looking for a tractor in the same class. I looked at the kubota l3200 the JD 3032e and the Massey Ferguson 1532l. One look at the JD was all I needed to know I did not want it. To many exposed lines for the loader that could be ripped out by a limb or something under tractor, poor design in my opinion. Not to mention the cost.

The l3200 is a nice tractor, I liked it. Had a qoute of 15,100 for one with r4 tires and loader, 4wd. I ended up buying the Massey 1532L syncro shuttle 4wd r4 tires, quick attach loader and bucket . It has a little more lift rating on the bucket, more comfortable work area, integrated joystick for loader. The specs all around were a little better than the L3200. Paid 15,500 for it . I had a qoute from a dealer a bit further from me for 15,200 but went with the closer dealer since they would be doing service on it.

/ 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value? #29  
   / 2012 NH Boomer 30 HST or Kioti CK30 HST? Value?
The l3200 is a nice tractor, I liked it. Had a qoute of 15,100 for one with r4 tires and loader, 4wd.
Wow, nice price! An online search showed most people were at or over the 20K mark with FEL last year. As a result I hadn't considered the Kubota. It's a nice machine, of course. I shot a quote request to the local dealership and asked for a competitive price compared to the CK and Boomer. Hope to hear back from him and report back here.

I ended up buying the Massey 1532L syncro shuttle 4wd r4 tires, quick attach loader and bucket . It has a little more lift rating on the bucket, more comfortable work area, integrated joystick for loader. The specs all around were a little better than the L3200. Paid 15,500 for it . I had a qoute from a dealer a bit further from me for 15,200 but went with the closer dealer since they would be doing service on it.

I haven't seen a MF dealership in my area but will look a bit closer. As a tractor and FEL novice, HST is on my must-have list. The specs on the MF 1532 look very similar to the CK and Boomer. Independent PTO, 3 speed HST, etc. Nice combo. The price you paid, awesome. I had originally wanted to cap my budget at 15-16k. Here in NY, what I'm hearing is 17.5K - 20K. The MSRP at the MF site for a 1532 FEL is $21,253 + $320 prep. A search at tractorhouse.com turned up a brand new 2011 1532 with standard trans and FEL for $15,350 in Texas. That's a big drop from MSRP. I'll be sending a quote request to a dealership 45 miles from my camp and see what they kick back.

@Max: The Mahindra closest to the others I'm kicking around is the 3016HST and spec-wise is very similar. Nice machine. Telescoping 3 point, Independent PTO, 3 range HST, 28HP and 2500lbs. 5yr warranty and #1 selling tractor in the world. But the closest dealership is a bit far from me. I plan on asking for a quote anyway and maybe I'll be surprised. MSRP tractor only is $16,090.