2013 Mahindra Max 28XL HST - tractor barely moves fwd/rev

/ 2013 Mahindra Max 28XL HST - tractor barely moves fwd/rev
First do simple things like check the hydraulic oil and see if it has a burnt smell and replace the hydraulic and HST filters. There should be one for the hydraulic and one for the HST. Then I’d get the hydraulic oil pressure tested in various places.
Hey, all the fluids and filters are new, so they're good to go. The pressure test is next, once Amazon delivers the parts!

Update: I installed the previously removed & cleaned control valve, worked the air out of the system, topped off the hyrdo fluid, and I still have a weak FEL (full range of movement, just no lifting strength), and it will move forward or reverse but only a few feet and only if I press slightly on the fwd/rev pedal. I will do some pressure tests next and have an indy tech come take a look.

I cannot locate an inline screen on this Max 28XL....anyone know if they do in fact have one? Nothing observed in the shop manual either regarding this. BTW, the Japanese to English translation in the shop manual is one of the worst I have ever come across! Revenge for us winning WW2???

/ 2013 Mahindra Max 28XL HST - tractor barely moves fwd/rev #13  
Does the shop manual have a hydraulic diagram. You’ll probably find that there are 2 hydraulic pumps. You did already the easy stuff, so pressure testing is paramount at this point. My bet is that there is nothing much coming from the pump and that it is FUBAR.

Does the shop manual have a hydraulic diagram. You’ll probably find that there are 2 hydraulic pumps. You did already the easy stuff, so pressure testing is paramount at this point. My bet is that there is nothing much coming from the pump and that it is FUBAR.
It does have a tiny schematic, time for my magnifying glass!!

Tobacco is all harvested. Time to get this Max 28 running again. Have my new pressure gauge and I grabbed a 6500 psi hose yesterday. Will post the results/findings.

/ 2013 Mahindra Max 28XL HST - tractor barely moves fwd/rev #16  
Tobacco is all harvested. Time to get this Max 28 running again. Have my new pressure gauge and I grabbed a 6500 psi hose yesterday. Will post the results/findings.
Waitng for your results on this, thanks for the update.

/ 2013 Mahindra Max 28XL HST - tractor barely moves fwd/rev #17  
More likely you did lose a hydraulic pump because of moist being in the oil that will cause rust to form in the pump. After some reading it seems moist will develop in a hydraulic system. I replaced one pump and a year later had to replace the second one, so now I replace my oil and filters every 2-3 years regardless of the hours, cheaper than buying a new pump was around 600 dollars and having to install it. First pump was a pain the way its mounted on my tractor, second was easier.

More likely you did lose a hydraulic pump because of moist being in the oil that will cause rust to form in the pump. After some reading it seems moist will develop in a hydraulic system. I replaced one pump and a year later had to replace the second one, so now I replace my oil and filters every 2-3 years regardless of the hours, cheaper than buying a new pump was around 600 dollars and having to install it. First pump was a pain the way its mounted on my tractor, second was easier.
Good to know. We are going to pull them both and see whats going on.

So here is the latest on this machine. We did do a pressure test, and pressure built up (though not as high as it should be) and when the pedal was pressed to move forward, the tractor crept very slightly and the pressure would drop to zero. I suspect a relief valve, but even with the shop manual, I can't locate it and the local dealer is useless as the day is long.

Anybody know where the relief valve is located? I know of the one in the controller and it was cleaned and appears to be fine.

/ 2013 Mahindra Max 28XL HST - tractor barely moves fwd/rev #20  
Believe there are two on the max. One in the loader valve and one in the hydraulic block which on mine I’d under the right side foot rest area