2014 Chevy/GMC specs

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs
That's the problem. All Ford has to do now is sprinkle a little "magic dust" and up the power, tq, tow rating and fuel economy. I was hoping they'd make Ford have to sprinkle a whole bunch of dust at least. The v6 is going to be offered in crew cabs with 6' beds as an option I believe. That's what has me anxious.
True but I doubt there's much left in the Ford engines without major changes or loss of fuel economy. I see the revival of the V8 5.4l with direct injection coming...
Now RAM needs to hurry up with that V6 diesel release!

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #12  
Exactly. It's like dating the girl that all your friends have already dated and you strut her around town like she's something special. I don't see how they are going to keep up with Ford and Ram. The new Titan might even blow them away. They needed these numbers in 2011, not 2014.

I agree.

Chris

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs
I am surprised the mpg numbers are not better. It makes less power then the competition and gets the same economy. They had a chance to really do something here but are keeping the typical following and that's good enough attitude.
Which engine are you comparing it to?
It gets BETTER economy than the competition. Plus I gaurantee the fuel mileage while towing will be much better than the Ecoboost.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #14  
Which engine are you comparing it to?
It gets BETTER economy than the competition. Plus I gaurantee the fuel mileage while towing will be much better than the Ecoboost.

To some here, no matter what GM does it's dismissed out of hand but everything Ford does is perfect and to be worshipped...That's pretty much why I really don't pay much attention to this thread anymore...It's a relentless anti-GM diatribe on every subject. It has grown beyond tiresome.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #15  
True but I doubt there's much left in the Ford engines without major changes or loss of fuel economy. I see the revival of the V8 5.4l with direct injection coming...

Again you don't know what you are talking about.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #16  

These are certainly interesting points. However who is to say that GM did release be very conservative to these engines? I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's plenty of power left for GM to dial-up on these engines.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs
Again you don't know what you are talking about.
Again you have absolutely nothing useful to add..
These are certainly interesting points. However who is to say that GM did release be very conservative to these engines? I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's plenty of power left for GM to dial-up on these engines.
I agree.
They're typically pretty conservative with new engine releases.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #18  
Again you have absolutely nothing useful to add..

How about this then, the 5.0 is already getting that combined mileage without DI and makes more power. I think the 2015 F-150 will exceed the Highway mileage numbers.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs
How about this then, the 5.0 is already getting that combined mileage without DI and makes more power. I think the 2015 F-150 will exceed the Highway mileage numbers.
No it's not, the 5.0l is rated at:
4x2 - 15 city / 21 highway / 17 combined
4x4 - 14 city / 19 highway / 16 combined
V8 5.3l
4x2 - 16 city / 23 highway / 19 combined
4x4 - 16 city / 22 highway / 18 combined
Even in 4x4 the new GM 5.3l beats the 2WD 5.0l I still say the 5.0l is a good engine though and if Ford goes to an aluminum frame, mileage will go up but so will price.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #20  
If the read world numbers prove these number correct then good for GM. But I have to think that GM's money woes is why they are sticking with a push rod V8 vs multi-cam more valves per cylinders. Who else is using cylinder shut down to get higher EPA numbers? If nobody then I would expect that all the other brands will add it just to boost their numbers as well.