2022 Max 26 XLT Shuttle review

/ 2022 Max 26 XLT Shuttle review #1  

RJI

Tractor
2015 mahindra max 26xl shuttle
I bought a new max 26 xl in 2015, loved it, The Mitsubishi motor was bulletproof...
Had it 7 yrs, put 1060 hrs on it and worked the crap out of it, loved it... It did everything I needed it to do... sept of 22 it broke a gear for the PTO, couldn't get a part for 2 months, then the wait for it to be put in was long and well after lawn season...
So I made the choice to buy another max 26 (which was a 2022 MAX26XLT Shuttle) seeing I already had the backhoe which would go on the new machine...

Traded in my old machine to the dealer I orig bought from, and purchased the new machine without looking at, sitting on, or working the bucket and other controls...
I bought my first new max 26 xl in 2015, loved it, used it for work mostly, running a 60" Woods power rake, 51" tiller, 4 ft grapple, 4' brush hog, backhoe and other attachments...

Boy what a difference! the new machine is not even close to my 2015 max 26 xl...
The frame looks and feels wimpy, the bucket controls are SO slow, You cant even scoop and lift at the same time, you have to do one function at a time, the seat sits WAY TOO high where I have to sit on the edge of the seat in order to have a good feel of the gas pedal... The arm rest gets in the way of the 3pt control lever
If I didn't need my power rake to install 5 lawns sept, oct last year, I would have waited and had the old one fixed...
My mistake was thinking a new machine was going to be better, or at least the same, I bought it over the phone without even sitting on it, and that's on me, its a 2 hr one way drive to the dealership...
The ergonomics of everything feel different, but my biggest beef is the Slow Slow bucket function, its ridiculous...
The new mach now has 40 hrs on it, lets see how it holds up... Lawn season is here, and it'll be running almost every wknd till July...
Cant call me a dis gruntled owner yet, But definitely disappointed one...

/ 2022 Max 26 XLT Shuttle review #2  
I bought a new max 26 xl in 2015, loved it, The Mitsubishi motor was bulletproof...
Had it 7 yrs, put 1060 hrs on it and worked the crap out of it, loved it... It did everything I needed it to do... sept of 22 it broke a gear for the PTO, couldn't get a part for 2 months, then the wait for it to be put in was long and well after lawn season...
So I made the choice to buy another max 26 (which was a 2022 MAX26XLT Shuttle) seeing I already had the backhoe which would go on the new machine...

Traded in my old machine to the dealer I orig bought from, and purchased the new machine without looking at, sitting on, or working the bucket and other controls...
I bought my first new max 26 xl in 2015, loved it, used it for work mostly, running a 60" Woods power rake, 51" tiller, 4 ft grapple, 4' brush hog, backhoe and other attachments...

Boy what a difference! the new machine is not even close to my 2015 max 26 xl...
The frame looks and feels wimpy, the bucket controls are SO slow, You cant even scoop and lift at the same time, you have to do one function at a time, the seat sits WAY TOO high where I have to sit on the edge of the seat in order to have a good feel of the gas pedal... The arm rest gets in the way of the 3pt control lever
If I didn't need my power rake to install 5 lawns sept, oct last year, I would have waited and had the old one fixed...
My mistake was thinking a new machine was going to be better, or at least the same, I bought it over the phone without even sitting on it, and that's on me, its a 2 hr one way drive to the dealership...
The ergonomics of everything feel different, but my biggest beef is the Slow Slow bucket function, its ridiculous...
The new mach now has 40 hrs on it, lets see how it holds up... Lawn season is here, and it'll be running almost every wknd till July...
Cant call me a dis gruntled owner yet, But definitely disappointed one...
Wow, what did they change so much? I have the 2013 Max 28.