2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #91  
I have a few issues with the design of the drive line of this unit.

1. Vibration from the mid shaft. It has excessive deflection when not under load due to quick connects and no center support. If you have someone run the blower at full speed and look at the rotating shaft you can see the shaft deflection. I plan to try putting a compression spring in the shaft tube to see if keeping a constant tension on the slip joint takes out some of the vibration.

2 the front drive shaft angle when the unit is full raised or lowered is excessive causing vibration. U Joints will only tolerate a certain degree of angle before vibrating.

3. Excessive driveshaft angle due to the pitch required to get the shaft under the front axle.

4. Drive chain sprockets not correctly welded to hub causing them to run out of concentric. Will figure out what one and fix it.

As lake Ontario continues to dump snow on us every day I can’t afford to take it apart and work on it.

A guy I work with has a JD 575 with the same blower. I plan to stop by his place after work some day and see what his sounds like compared to mine.

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #92  
I bought a 2305 last summer and was thinking of the snowblower. After hearing all the complaints on here there's no way now. Vibrations like your talking will ruin something over time bearings bushings gears etc. Hope John Deere is listening.......

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #93  
circlelake said:
I bought a 2305 last summer and was thinking of the snowblower. After hearing all the complaints on here there's no way now. Vibrations like your talking will ruin something over time bearings bushings gears etc. Hope John Deere is listening.......

Mine doesn't do any of this...so the're not all like this. I can hear it when it's on but I do not have excessive noise, vibration, etc.

When I run the PTO without the snowblower hooked up it's silent.

I didn't do anything special to mine, just adjust the chain deflection and make sure all is lubed.

Scott

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #94  
circlelake said:

I wouldn't let this thread alone deter you, but I would suggest having the unit installed and tested on YOUR machine at the dealer before completing the deal.

I have a feeling the noise issues are not the only blowers themselves but the driveline also. I have a 47 blower on a 425 that was loud...after replacing a worn part in the auger drive it was quiet again...but I also found the reason for the wear...the driveshaft yokes were 90 deg. out of alignment.

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #95  
My dealer moved my blower over to a 2305 and it did the same thing. My blower on my 425 wasn't like this. I like how the 425 would raise it hight also. Well we are in for some snow so I think I will make another video, just for fun. I can watch machines for hours.

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #96  
It's been quite a while since I have been on here but I thought I would give you all an update. I let my 47 blower with the dealer so he could sell it for me and I would just use my blade. I was in getting a new cutting edge for the blade and the one guy asks me how I like my tractor. I said great except for the blower. I explained what was going on and showed him the video. He said "That's not right" He asked the other guys what they did and they said everything they could do had been done. He turns to me and says "How about I just trade you for a new 2305". I can't even believe it. He is the owner of the dealership. He out right now because of surgery but he said call him in a couple weeks and we will work it out. Sounds like a good deal to me. I will let you know what happens. This would be the first time I have ever heard of a tractor being exchanged.

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #97  
I'm confused. You have a 2305 and according to your previous post it made noise with the blower even after the dealer switched it to a different 2305?

Now he wants to exchange your 2305 for a new one?

What am I missing?

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #98  
Yes you are correct. I thought this was my post about the 47 blower and it's not. I had a long past about my 2210 and the 47 blower. Now I'm seeing the the 2305 has a similar issue. When I find out what he's going to do I may move up to the 2320.

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #99  
I have the 2320 with the 47 blower and it was a real powerhouse last winter. I know there were some issues about a pin coming lose? But I believe mine is a later 47 and Deere addressed the problem. Mine had a cable routed wrong when I got it but the rest of the blower was exceptional. also I bought chains but don't waste your time, I didn't need them even in 4 foot drifts or my hilly six hundred foot driveway. I did run a full balast box with the blower though.

Rob

/ 2305 with 47" 2 stage snowblower question #100  
Just thought I'd reply here to add what I've learned in case it helps anyone.

I have a new 2305 w/ a new blower. Dealer hooked up the blower for me when he delivered it. It was a little louder than the tractor, but not too bad. Used it twice and then had a thaw and decided to play w/ the loader so I unhooked the blower and left it in the garage.

After playing w/ the bucket, hooked up the blower again, following the manual. It worked but all of a sudden it was really noisy. I mean it sounded like something was falling apart. Read this thread, and rotated the little shaft until it was what I assumed was 'in phase.' Didn't help at all, and now it vibrated the whole tractor when engaged at pto rpm.

Got to this post in this thread:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...2305-47-2-stage-snowblower-6.html#post1063278

with the pictures, and realized my version of 'in phase' was 90 degrees off of the real version of 'in phase.' Reattached in the proper orientation, and it's back to quiet and smooth.

I say this because I went directly from good, to really bad, to good quickly just because of this phase thing. I'm guessing my version of 'in phase' was the worst out of phase condition you can create. So for anyone that's tried getting it 'in phase' and nothing changed, double check that top picture to make sure you're aligned properly.

One more thing I noticed, which may help people troubleshoot:
When in phase, noise gets louder as you lift the blower (engaged) higher.
When out of phase, mine actually got a little quieter as I lifted the blower.