2320 Injector Pump problems?

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems? #21  
To troubleshoot I would have checked the filter first, and if that passed muster then open an injection line at the injector to see what flow you get. If no flow then remove shutoff solenoid which has a normally open valve and crank again. If still no flow remove fuel line at the injection pump to check transfer pump. If you have flow there but no flow to the injectors it is the pump. If the injectors were losing their spray pattern you would have seen a lot of black smoke before the engine would completely quit running.

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems?
So, I talked to the service manager today. He said that they have had three different Techs look at it, and they can't figure it out. He said they have sent of a DTECH to Deere, to see if anyone has experience this before.

Anyone have a tractor I can borrow?

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems? #23  
To troubleshoot I would have checked the filter first, and if that passed muster then open an injection line at the injector to see what flow you get. If no flow then remove shutoff solenoid which has a normally open valve and crank again. If still no flow remove fuel line at the injection pump to check transfer pump. If you have flow there but no flow to the injectors it is the pump. If the injectors were losing their spray pattern you would have seen a lot of black smoke before the engine would completely quit running.

the solenoid is normally closed(power off) it only pulls when power is applied.

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems? #24  
the solenoid is normally closed(power off) it only pulls when power is applied.

Not the solenoid, the pump. Remove the solenoid and crank the tractor. If it starts stick your finger in the pump and push back the lever to shut down. Now you know if the solenoid is good without all the voltage testing.

AGGIE00 said:
Not the solenoid, the pump. Remove the solenoid and crank the tractor. If it starts stick your finger in the pump and push back the lever to shut down. Now you know if the solenoid is good without all the voltage testing.

The injectors are getting plenty of fuel. I assume they have checked the timing.

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems? #26  

the solinoid pushes the lever to run. without the solenoid or your finger moving the lever, it won't run

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems? #27  
the solinoid pushes the lever to run. without the solenoid or your finger moving the lever, it won't run

Only if it is opposite of my 4600. Turning the key retracts the solenoid. I know because I have been through the whole thermistor issue and tried everything before learning about the little part. I removed the solenoid and the tractor started fine. To kill I pushed in the plunger with my finger. It was also obvious because when I removed the solenoid and turned the key it retracted. Don't know why one yanmar would be different than another.

/ 2320 Injector Pump problems? #28  
The injectors are getting plenty of fuel. I assume they have checked the timing.

The only thing I can think of at this point is that the pump is worn and when the fuel heats up the pump can't push it. I've never had all the injectors go bad at once, but we have had pumps go bad gradually or after sitting up.

AGGIE00 said:
Only if it is opposite of my 4600. Turning the key retracts the solenoid. I know because I have been through the whole thermistor issue and tried everything before learning about the little part. I removed the solenoid and the tractor started fine. To kill I pushed in the plunger with my finger. It was also obvious because when I removed the solenoid and turned the key it retracted. Don't know why one yanmar would be different than another.

The solenoid retracts (powered) to run.

AGGIE00 said:
The only thing I can think of at this point is that the pump is worn and when the fuel heats up the pump can't push it. I've never had all the injectors go bad at once, but we have had pumps go bad gradually or after sitting up.

The tractor only has 330hrs. Shouldn't be anywhere near wore out. The Tech. Said those injection pumps are built proof. However I think there about ready to shoot it.