Backhoe 2375 backhoe broken again.

/ 2375 backhoe broken again. #21  
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif WoW! Should I be afraid to use my hoe? I have 70 hours on the machine but probably only about 6 or 8 of those on the hoe. The valve body was replaced within the first week and now all of this. My terrain is hilly so at times I have and probably will have to lift one side or the other a little to level the machine. I hope all the breakdowns, weld breaks etc are done and finished before this runs out of warrenty. I bought this machine hoping it would last several years and really don't want to be putting hundreds or even thousands of dollars and many hours in keeping it running. I am careful with the hoe now but I guess I will have to baby it along. That or use it a little harder and see what does break.

/ 2375 backhoe broken again. #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am careful with the hoe now but I guess I will have to baby it along. That or use it a little harder and see what does break. )</font>
I certainly haven't babied mine, and I still don't have any problems. I probably have put at least 100 hours on my KB2365, or maybe more. I have dug some treacherous pine stumps out of the ground, and let me tell you, that's not easy on the hoe. I have had to use the bucket to "wiggle" the tap root until I can finally snap it after having dug the full reach of the hoe, and that is not easy on the hoe. Still no problem.
I'm sorry that a couple of issues with a few possibly badly manufactured parts would cause others to question so much whether their own hoe is a dud. Most likely, it is not.
Use your hoe as you need to, but do it right. Make sure you're not adding unneeded stresses to the hoe, making sure you have the brakes on, the loader down etc.
John

/ 2375 backhoe broken again. #23  
Respect it and use it properly but don't baby it. My experience is similar to KiotiJohn's. I don't have as many hours but I've not had any problems and I certainly haven't babied it.

Sometimes the detailed reporting of individual maintenance issues on TBN gives people the wrong impression. Anecdotes may be illuminating but they don't tell us much about overall reliability of equipment. If there were five or ten reports of KB2375s falling apart that might be a trend but an occasional report just shouldn't start a panic. Tools and equipment break sometimes.

These threads are useful mostly to bring out information and exchange of ideas on proper usage techniques and maintenance points. We should also be able to commiserate with the owner of the busted equipment without people jumping to an unwarranted conclusion about brand quality etc.