Backhoe 2375 backhoe broken again.

/ 2375 backhoe broken again. #11  
Are you sure you are using the backhoe correctly? KiotiJohn just posted an interesting point in another thread regarding the use of the curl function to dig in preference to using the arm and also to avoid lifting the rear of the tractor with the stabilizers. If you have the stabilizers dug in and you use the arm to dig by pulling back towards the tractor you will put a lot of stress on the stabilizers. They are not designed to anchor the tractor so that may be contributing to premature or repeated failure. I use the toothbar on my FEL to help anchor the tractor so it is not pulled backwards. Curl the bucket down and plunge the toothbar into the soil. Helps.

/ 2375 backhoe broken again. #12  
I was always under the impresion the backhoe had all four wheels off the ground when working. Loader cutting edge down to lift the front wheels, the rear stabilizers down to level the tractor and keep the rear wheels off the ground.

The stabilizer shown just does not look strong enough to be off much use for proper backhoe work.

Egon

/ 2375 backhoe broken again. #13  
I'm not an expert but I've not seen tractor backhoes with all wheels off the ground when working. That would seem to put a lot of stress on the stabilizers. Not the lifting part which they are designed for but rather for the forward and backward torquing motion which could easily break off pins/mounts etc.

/ 2375 backhoe broken again.
This is the FIRST TIME I'VE HAD A STABLIZER BREAK. The first time I broke the backhoe it was the upper arm or the dipper are what ever ya want to call it. it broke at the then 1/4 inch metal part. POOR design on someones part.
And YES I do know how to operate it. I don't pick the tractor up with the stablizers and yes I use the bucket flipped over and dug in.

KIOTI just needs to build the stress parts where it is 1/4 inch thick to be thicker. where it broke the bushing is mounted 1/4 inch from edge and 1/4 thick. it CAN be made thicker and still have plenty of clearance. The way it is it don't matter how easy you are with it it will break!
If it was built right you could have the whole tractor OFF the ground and it wouldn't hurt it. the only problem with having the back end way off the ground is you loose digging depth.
and YES I've seen the big hoes working of the ground like you mention Islandtractor.

I'm just wanting it fixed right so that when the warrenty is up it doesn't break cause of a poor design and then I have to fix it. mark

/ 2375 backhoe broken again. #15  
I'll throw in my 2 cents again..
If a backhoe has to be constantly babied and pampered to keep it from breaking it isn't designed very well and I for one wouldn't want that hoe on my tractor.

/ 2375 backhoe broken again. #16  
Nobody wants to baby a backhoe. There are proper and not so proper ways to use one however and with the hydraulic power available in even 20hp tractors it isn't difficult to do damage to even big tools like a BH and FEL.

The KB2375 is taking a bit of a trashing here based on one persons experience. Breakage can occur due to poor design, construction, misuse, maintenance or bad luck. It is certainly concerning that BlueCarpenter busted his BH twice but I presume there are a lot more people who have been working their hoes pretty hard without any problem. My BH2365 has held up well so far.

One issue here is that many of us are first time owners of tractors and backhoes with increased risk of inadvertently misusing/abusing the equipment. As BlueC confirms he is using his appropriately that's not the issue here and his experience does count as a black mark. However, unless there are a bunch of others with similar problems I would not jump to the conclusion that the KB2375 is a turkey to be avoided. Similarly, Highbeam's FEL problems don't imply the KL130 is poorly designed or built. Stuff happens to construction and farm equipment. That is why the good Lord gave us welders /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Having posted this, I will add that the new Woods BH series seems to have some nice advantages in design and features over the KB23X5 series but that is a different matter.

/ 2375 backhoe broken again. #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was always under the impresion the backhoe had all four wheels off the ground when working. Loader cutting edge down to lift the front wheels, the rear stabilizers down to level the tractor and keep the rear wheels off the ground.

The stabilizer shown just does not look strong enough to be off much use for proper backhoe work.

Egon )</font>
This impression probably comes from seeing some operators using the equipment in this manner. Does that make it the proper way to operate? In huge, industrial type backhoes, it's often found that the operator will raise the whole tractor off the ground. The metals in these big machines is much more capable of taking the stresses, but there are many operators who would never use their machines in that manner, as they know that over time the stresses take their toll.
Stabilizers are meant for nothing more than holding the rear end of the machine up, not necessarily keeping it from moving front to back.
Typical tractor backhoes are not of the same quality, and most owner manuals (including Kioti's) state not to lift the wheels off the ground.
Granted, the problem the poster is having is probably from defects in that particular backhoe, or maybe even a run of backhoes, but the vast majority of KB2375 backhoes are not experiencing the same problems. His backhoe should be replaced in my opinion. We've probably all heard of similar "lemons" in all kinds of equipment, and there is usually no way to completely make them right without just replacing them.
John

/ 2375 backhoe broken again. #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'll throw in my 2 cents again..
If a backhoe has to be constantly babied and pampered to keep it from breaking it isn't designed very well and I for one wouldn't want that hoe on my tractor.
)</font>
I'm with Vince.
I looked at buying a new CK20 w/backhoe and the dealer told me he wouldn't sell me a Kioti backhoe on it. He said there had been problems with them. He went on to say they were fixing the problem, (this was about a year ago).
I wonder if you got one of the older ones or as John says, this one is just a lemon. (I'm not sure, but I think one of the problems might have been retracting issues with the arms. I think they would bang into the tractor when retracted fully)

/ 2375 backhoe broken again. #19  
We have been installing only Rhino backhoe's on the Kiotis. They are much stronger IMO.....

/ 2375 backhoe broken again. #20  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( I was always under the impresion the backhoe had all four wheels off the ground when working. Loader cutting edge down to lift the front wheels, the rear stabilizers down to level the tractor and keep the rear wheels off the ground.

Egon )</font>
This impression probably comes from seeing some operators using the equipment in this manner. Does that make it the proper way to operate? In huge, industrial type backhoes, it's often found that the operator will raise the whole tractor off the ground. The metals in these big machines is much more capable of taking the stresses, but there are many operators who would never use their machines in that manner, as they know that over time the stresses take their toll.
Stabilizers are meant for nothing more than holding the rear end of the machine up, not necessarily keeping it from moving front to back.
John )</font>

<font color="black"> Can't resist to answer here. Can't answer from an engineering/design point only from using and training. Stabilizers are primarily meant for "stabilizing the machine" according to the terrain. "Normal" use does not dictate removing the front or rear completely off the ground. Keeping some weight on the tires can be a good thing. Depending on what is happening at the moment would stray from the norm. Like loading a truck with the hoe. Then you typically need the extra height advantage, but lose digging depth. Straddling a small berm may require one side to be taller than the other, etc. Either way, the stabilizer would have to support the weight and movement. On the other hand, if you're unintentionally making the machine move by use of the hoe, either you're digging "wrong" or need to reposition the machine. You're applying too much force to make it do what you intend, stop and rethink the whole approach.

From the pictures though, yea (IMO), you and pwerstroke2000 are hitting on the right thing. Bad manufacturing. Broken / no welds.

Sorry for butting in. All the good stuff you guys write about Kiotis, I just can't help but read what's going on over here. </font>