25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE?

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE?
I'd like to see the specs. Kioti clearly did the knock off thing with Kubota on their tractors until they could come into their own. I suppose that since they got away with it and they were successful knocking off the Kubota tractors, why re-invent the wheel. Just knock-off a successful product and dramatically reduce your R&D. I'd be curious how much lower of a price they will be compared to the Kubota RTV900.

Knock off...I don't know what your talking about...hey want to see our new economy line of tractors????

kioti utv 005.jpg

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #22  
Rick, did they give you any numbers as to what these are going to sell for?

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #24  
Ya maybe I should do the Bobcat sales pitch....It may look like it but we made ove 82 different changes to make it better!
No I won't do that.

I have a brand new Kubota RTV at my shop and I will agree Kubota make a very good unit but only time will tell how the success on Kioti's UTV.

They should do well depending on their price point. The first, and most obvious problem, is that we are deep in a recession right now. The second point is that most all of the competitors have flooded the UTV market in the last 5 years. Sometimes showing up at the party is cool and other times you end up just being late and not noticed. It's always a crap shoot when you show up late to the dance.

My honest guess is that it will greatly depend on the price point and then it will most likely compete with the JD Gator due to the fact that it has the 35 year old Salisbury style belt drive system. I ran races with the Honda Odyssey back in the late 80's and know a belt can be very strong. However, for heavy duty working I'll take a hydro transmission over a belt every time. I had 4 JD Gators so I'm very familiar with a belt drive UTV. I'm also all too familiar with how poorly those tires on the demo unit perform off road. I have a brand new set on the shelf in my barn that I took off my RTV900 when I bought it. It wouldn't quite get stuck on a wet noodle, but close. ;) I'm sure Kioti was smart enough to enclose the belt, weren't they?

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #25  
   / 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #26  
First I want to say that looks like a very nice unit.The only problem I can see is the placement of the rear lights they look like they might hold alot of mud and short the lights out sooner or later.coobie

I think those are reflectors unless I missed another pic somewhere.

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #27  
Based on the pictures, it looks like I'd like the rear suspension on the Kioti better than the Kubota. I'm no suspension expert, but it looks like it would ride better.

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #28  
I think those are reflectors unless I missed another pic somewhere.
I guess I can,t tell if the are lights I just assumed they were.I can,t believe they would just put reflectors back there instead of lights but I could be wrong.coobie

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #29  
I guess I can,t tell if the are lights I just assumed they were.I can,t believe they would just put reflectors back there instead of lights but I could be wrong.coobie

Maybe the lights are an option:confused:

/ 25 ON ORDER!! WHO WANTS TO BE SECOND IN LINE? #30  
Cool! It's nice to finally see some pics of this beast after my dealer has talked it up. I noticed that the speedo tops out at 30mph... I wonder what the top speed is? I know it's geared more towards the utility side of things but I wonder how it would stack up to the Ranger and some of the others. Any word on pricing yet?