2520 REVEALED!!

/ 2520 REVEALED!!
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Loader compatibility with independent lift: Most customers will remove the loader when
using a mid-mount mower. For those who wish to leave it on, loaders are compatible
following these guidelines:
• When using the loader, it is recommended that the mower be locked in the highest raised
position by using the tractor’s mower height-adjustment control with the 2320 Tractor.
The 2520 Tractor will need BM19507, lock-up kit, to keep deck in locked-up position.
• When using the mower with mechanical lift (controlled by the tractor 3-point hitch), all
loader hydraulics can remain hooked up and operable.
• When using the mower with independent lift, the loader curling and dump hydraulic
outlets must be unhooked and connected to the independent lift cylinder to raise and lower
the mower using the joystick. Loader lift outlets should remain connected for controlling
loader height as needed and lowering the loader for safety when the tractor is parked.
• If a customer plans to use independent lift, John Deere recommends the removal of the
loader from the tractor to avoid this confusion over hydraulic lines. Removing the loader
when using the mid-mount mower will provide the following advantages:
1) A lower overall tractor weight, which will not impact the turf as much.
2) Better maneuverability around trees and obstacles. )</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #12  
Where is it on Deere's web site? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #15  
I called a dealer this morning and was quoted $16450 for a 2520 w/ CX200 FEL. That's about what a Kubota B2630 goes for. I dunno, maybe I want Green now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #16  
It says so in the third post here.

JackIL

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #18  
Sweet! If I ever trade the 4115 I can keep my 46BH for the 2520! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #19  
Maybe my math is wrong? but according to the configurator:

4115 Tractor $16,809
Folding ROPS $158
R4 Tires $94
DSCV $683
Total MSRP $17,744

The new 2520 comes with all these same features
"standard" for $15,279

That's a savings of almost $2500 !!!
How'd da do dat? China instead of Japan?

Dave.

/ 2520 REVEALED!! #20  
Deere has publicly stated that they are going to get significant savings by minimizing model differences (like the entire 4000TWENTY series probably differs by 3 or 4 parts) and by making the standard features list bigger. By having more parts interchangeable and by having more things already on the machine, they save money, and can pass some savings along.

Making the DSCV standard (for example) is great for consumers and Deere. Imagine how often they had to race around to get a valve for a machine that ewas already sitting on a lot because the buyer needed it that way, or had to switch machines between dealers. By making it standard on every tractor and lowering the price who would complain? Even if you have nio use for it, why not take it? It helps resale at the very least. And if you don't get the loader, but your tractor is loader ready you are more likely to go ahead and add one later (a chance fro Deere to add on to the sale)

Same holds true for the ROPS and other features. I wonder how many ROPS were ended up laying around from dealers ordering the rigid ones only to have to upgrade it to make a sale. Eventually it makes sence to add more AND lower the pricec!

Then there is the biggest savings, No 4010 replacement! If the price point of the 2320 is where it looks like it willl be, a 4010 replacement looks very unlikely. More savings for Deere and lower prices to boot.