Backhoe 2520 with 62D Mower Deck and 46 Backhoe??

/ 2520 with 62D Mower Deck and 46 Backhoe?? #11  
Jonsch--did they put the mmm lever near the mower deck height control? The height adjuster is just in front of the ROPS left side on my 2520. Also--where did they put the 3rd valve--my dealer seems to be having some issues (along with some other posters) about the installation of the independent mmm lift--seems JD suggests that removing/swapping loader hoses is the way to go.

/ 2520 with 62D Mower Deck and 46 Backhoe?? #12  
I only saw it for a short time but the height control is placed on the Left rear fender as you describe. They tell me the 3rd valve is underneath the tractor. They also said that the height control is the lift for the mmm and the height of the cut is based on the wheels as it is a ground contact deck. They said they used that height adjuster off a 2305 but it is really the deck lift. Does that make sense? I'm no expert so I hope that is correct. I did not try it while I was at the dealer.

/ 2520 with 62D Mower Deck and 46 Backhoe?? #13  
Thanks, I'll have to go visit mine again tomorrow. The height adjuster I saw (at least I think), only set the height that the deck would drop to, it had no way to raise the deck--so I'm still curious as to how you would get the lift cylinder to raise the deck--I would think that there would be some sort of switch or control lever that would do the raise and lower function.

Bette--I'll try to get some measurments for you while I'm there.

/ 2520 with 62D Mower Deck and 46 Backhoe?? #14  
Did you see a metal knob mounted perpendicular above the height control knob? This seems to be a diverter valve of some sort. Maybe it is just a locking screw to hold the deck in position. I should have asked more details but maybe this is something extra that would allow the height control knob to raise and lower the deck. The dealer assusred me that after many hours of difficulty getting the independant lift installed they were able to raise and lower the deck without removing hoses to the FEL. They are a large dealer with 3 stores and said it was very different than the Ind lift on the 2305.

/ 2520 with 62D Mower Deck and 46 Backhoe?? #15  
Yep--I saw the knob, seemed like it locked the height adjuster in position. The knob was not connected to anything else however. Care to share who your dealer is--maybe I'll have mine contact them?

/ 2520 with 62D Mower Deck and 46 Backhoe?? #16  
The dealer is Bader Brothers in Saginaw, MI.
There web site is www.baderbros.com. That should have all the phone numbers for you.
I hope we can raise the deck without having to disconnect hoses. On my little x475 I'm trading in, there is a diverter valve that allows me to raise/lower my mower lift arms instead of the front hydraulic lines. I would hope for all this money they could have a system worked out.

/ 2520 with 62D Mower Deck and 46 Backhoe?? #17  
"bought it without seeing it.."

Me too... I basically bought site unseen. I briefly saw one when passing through a dealer on vacation last fall... but that was it.
No back hoe for me. However if I could have justified getting one, I would have /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif... just couldn't do it. I ordered mine with the FEL (61"bucket) and 54" LP Box Blade. It'll be used to tidy up my yard and do all the final landscape projects... then it'll simply be a glorified mower for my whopping 1A of mowing /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif... Once I have it I'll be sure to post pics... talk with you soon...

/ 2520 with 62D Mower Deck and 46 Backhoe??
Want details on the 46 Back-hoe. How do you sit at the controls? Is there a double seat like the 3000 series has?

Can't wait to see the pics. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 2520 with 62D Mower Deck and 46 Backhoe?? #19  
The 46BH is a subframe mount and has a seat built into it.

/ 2520 with 62D Mower Deck and 46 Backhoe?? #20  
My wife is 5'3" if she stands really straight, and she test drove the 2520 before we (I?) purchased. She fits without peddle extensions.

Not so with the 3x20 series. She needed 4" blocks even with the seat all the way forward.

The seat on the 46 BH is same as 47 and 48. There is a dedicated BH platform seat. The wife has toyed with the 46 backhoe. Its a good fit for smaller folk, but a little cramped for us over 6ft.

Very curious about the comments made regarding simultaneous mounting of hydraulic-lft 62D MMM and 46BH. I was told this was impossible, but I am having the 62D mounted this week. I took the BH off already, but it needs to go back on for projects prior to grass growing. I may have to take a few measurements of a different kind to see if this is doable.