260 won’t start lawn tractor, put new pto on and won’t start. Power to starter, seat safety switch ok, trying to locate brake safety switch!

/ 260 won’t start lawn tractor, put new pto on and won’t start. Power to starter, seat safety switch ok, trying to locate brake safety switch!
   / 260 won’t start lawn tractor, put new pto on and won’t start. Power to starter, seat safety switch ok, trying to locate brake safety switch! #12  
So it's working now ?

/ 260 won’t start lawn tractor, put new pto on and won’t start. Power to starter, seat safety switch ok, trying to locate brake safety switch!
So it's working now ?
No not yet I polished the contacts on safety neutral switch, I guess I will order a switch next.
I don’t know if the relay switches go out very much I have three of them!
I wouldn’t think the rectifier would be a problem area. JD dealer was not much help. Running out of ideas.

/ 260 won’t start lawn tractor, put new pto on and won’t start. Power to starter, seat safety switch ok, trying to locate brake safety switch! #14  
The Deere dealer working in parts isn't one you can expect to be a mechanic and know how to fix your tractor. Plenty of help available here on TBN. Otherwise, the dealer is available to take your tractor in for a tech to find the problem and fix it.

But from your description, you may need to have your tractor battery load tested. Which may lead to a new battery that fixes your problem. ;)

The Deere dealer working in parts isn't one you can expect to be a mechanic and know how to fix your tractor. Plenty of help available here on TBN. Otherwise, the dealer is available to take your tractor in for a tech to find the problem and fix it.

But from your description, you may need to have your tractor battery load tested. Which may lead to a new battery that fixes your problem. ;)
It was showing 12.63 dcv not a load test, the battery is only a few months old. And getting a good reading at starter. I guess I was hoping to get another idea from the parts guy.
The starter bendix doesn’t even make any noise.

It was showing 12.63 dcv not a load test, the battery is only a few months old. And getting a good reading at starter. I guess I was hoping to get another idea from the parts guy.
The starter bendix doesn’t even make any noise.
I have another battery I could try too.

/ 260 won’t start lawn tractor, put new pto on and won’t start. Power to starter, seat safety switch ok, trying to locate brake safety switch! #17  
Could be the pto switch itself. It's part of the safety circuit. Even though it clicks the pto, the safety part could be bad. Seen that a lot as the current goes through that switch. Every time I replaced a pto, it got pto switch also.

Could be the pto switch itself. It's part of the safety circuit. Even though it clicks the pto, the safety part could be bad. Seen that a lot as the current goes through that switch. Every time I replaced a pto, it got pto switch also.
That’s good to know thank you. So you think pto switch would be better to change than the neutral switch in transmission.

Nothing you haven't already considered, but it sure sounds like the starting system thinks the pto is engaged. Maybe check and clean the electrical connections on the pto and switch?
I had bought a switch several years back and grabbed it off of another chassis.
I cleaned and dielectric grease in connection but recheck it again. Thanks for a new idea.

/ 260 won’t start lawn tractor, put new pto on and won’t start. Power to starter, seat safety switch ok, trying to locate brake safety switch! #20  
Neutral switch is easy check as in it works or doesn't. You'll need a multimeter of some sort to check it. Pto switches are more difficult to check with 5 - 6 wires running through them. Pto is money well spent since you just replace the pto clutch. Like I mentioned, I always replace them in pairs, pto switch and clutch. Good luck with repairs.