2615 4x4

/ 2615 4x4 #11  
The dealer had me fill out a tax exempt form becauase i am using the tractor on my farm 100% so it is all good.
What is not all good is the bath i took this evening in hydraulic/transmission fluid after 20 minutes of use! A brand new tractor that shoots oil 20 feet into the air, around an o ring sealed fill plug is never a good thing. The turn signal switch did not work either. Not that I will ever need it , but it is a part of the tractor and should function properly. The TPH was very erratic in its operation with slow response and jerky operation. I believe the dealers PDI was abrieviated and incomplete. Should I just tell them to keep it or allow them a second chance? I sure as heck do not want to experience this again!

My experience with dealer pre delivery inspections is that few if any do much of anything aside from, perhaps, checking engine and transdraulic oil. In my case, the dealer dutifully checked off every item on the PDI form in the owners manual but my inspection proved that few if any of the items were actually inspected. It will be in your best interest to read the owners manual.

SDT

/ 2615 4x4
Sorry guys but this is not right for a brand new tractor.
2615 leak.jpg
sheilding myself from the hydraulic fluid spraying out the top of the differential.
2615 leak 2.jpg
me pointing at what the dealer calls a pressure plug. Where fluid is spraying from.
2615 leak3.jpg
the pressure plug which more resembles a bolt that has been hacked off, with an external o ring seal?
By the way this is a new 2012 model 2615 4 x 4, 8 x 8 shuttle with loader with 30 minutes off engine time since delivered
Yes I have a manual and have read it cover to cover almost.

/ 2615 4x4
The latest update, after the dealer (Wells Tractor Company, Dothan Alabama) came the next morning(Thursday) after delivery and picked up the tractor. They promised to have it repaired and back to me within 48 hours. Was told yesterday evening that it would be monday before they could deliver again. looks like 48hrs is now 100!
Work performed replaced hacked off bolt with correct plug and cleaned tractor of hydraulic oil. So they say.
Can you say rapidly losing faith in these wonderfull people of many truths.
As for the turn signals the manual says in plain english or rather translated english the following.
IMG_3817.jpg

/ 2615 4x4 #14  
You have to have your hazards on for the turn signals to work. Sorry to hear about the trouble your having. Hopefully they will get it fixed and returned Monday and you can get back to enjoying your tractor.

/ 2615 4x4 #15  
I find the Owners Manual with my 2635 to be poorly written. It is much less useful than the manual that came with my 533 ot that for my NH T4050. Example: No capacities chart. Dealer informs me that the transdraulic sump holds 10 gallons but is unsure about the engine. The manual is silent about both.

Dean

/ 2615 4x4 #16  
Do you know what the engine oil capacity is?
I've been trying to find out, haven't asked my dealer yet.

/ 2615 4x4
Here are the basic capacities, found on page 15
Oil capacity is 1.79 gal. 6.5 litres
IMG_3823.jpg
If you notice in the picture it states the hub reduction capacity is 0.264, instead of saying 0.264 gal. or 1.05 quarts.
I agree the amount of information seems basic and limited.
In several cases i see the word "also" used where the word only should be used. Which lead to my misunderstanding why the turn signals did not function. because they only work when the hazards are on, instead of also working when the hazards are on.

/ 2615 4x4 #18  
Do you know what the engine oil capacity is?
I've been trying to find out, haven't asked my dealer yet.

Not yet, but different engine in 2635, anyway.

Dean

/ 2615 4x4 #19  
Most likely due to different regulations in foreign countries. The 2600 series is not designed for the US market but rather, adapted for sale here.

SDT

/ 2615 4x4
With 41 hrs on the clock here are the issues thus far.
IMG_4018.jpg
This what the correct pressure test port plug looks like. If you have this model and you have a hex bolt in this location please have your dealer address this. Due to the location a hydraulic leak here can lead to serious injury.
IMG_3842.jpg
Fuel distribution block at rear of engine weeped fuel through block dealer came and replaced with new block.
IMG_4019.jpg
new fuel block installed no more leaking fuel. Had to clean wiring harness of fuel and I had to replace all electrical tape on harness in this area, fuel leak debonded original tape.
IMG_4022.jpg
Todays discovery, since the fuel leaks have been repaired now we have a power steering fluid leak aparently the breather is missing an o ring seal? also note that fastener retaining the lid is an acorn nut where parts diagram shows a wing nut with rubber seals.
IMG_4027.jpg
Parts diagram showing correct assembly.
All in all I am very impressed with the tractors capabilities and performance. If we can just get these pesky little issues resolved I believe we will have a great piece of equipment.