2615HST Transmission Issues

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues #11  
On the Mitsu tractors, it just requires a filter change not a fluid change at the initial service if I remember correctly.

I could not remember the hours and had to go back and look. He said 100.... so it sounds like he should be OK.

He also does not say where he lives.... if the oil is still cold and he is at the arctic circle... I mean it was 2 here the other day and the tractor let you know it when it first was running...

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues #12  
Matt,
I rarely use high range. Only used it a couple times to drive a mile up the road move snow with the loader without problems. The only thing I've noticed since day one is my HST transmission has a whine to it even when its all warmed up. Mine is an 04 2615HST and my buddy has an 06. His runs nice and quiet. I thought the whine in mine was normal till I drove my buddy's 06 this past summer. We've both changed our filters and fluids using the same hydraulic/trans fluid but that didn't quiet mine down or make his whine.

Maybe one of the dealers here can suggest a solution to an HST that whines. It does this year round so its not a cold weather thing.

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues #13  
Oh quit your whining George. LOL!
I have the 2615 HST. High range?,..gutless IMO. Unless your going downhill with a tailwind it is going to bog down if you mash the pedal. Mine in Med going up a steep incline bogs down. Just a little bit underpower tractor. That's why I wanted the 2815 instead but couldn't pass up the deal.

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues #14  
Oh quit your whining George. LOL!
I have the 2615 HST. High range?,..gutless IMO. Unless your going downhill with a tailwind it is going to bog down if you mash the pedal. Mine in Med going up a steep incline bogs down. Just a little bit underpower tractor. That's why I wanted the 2815 instead but couldn't pass up the deal.
The few times I've used high it was to throw mud from the tires. I thought I'd rather have it in the road, than in the driveway at the shop. Perhaps I got a 2615 on steroids, because my tractor runs quite fast in HI.

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues
I changed my filters and engine oil which is whats required at 50 hours. Hydraulic fluid change comes at 200 hours, so I should be fine as far as the warranty goes. I'm noticing after the last storm, I have to lift the snowblower up and then drive forward in middle gear, not both at the same time because it's too much of a load on the engine. We have another storm coming from sunday morning until monday, but I'm calling monday to see about getting it in tuesday. I have some noise with the hst, always have. Sometimes I am off of it say hooking up a log and it starts a whining noise and if I tap the pedals either fwd or backward, it will stop the noise temporarily. I really don't think it's anything major, I have a lot of faith in this tractor and how it's put together. I'll let you know what my dealer says as soon as I know.

Thanks again for all of the suggestions and help. I'm going to wait until spring to have it looked at. At this point, I cannot be without a tractor. I, along with george live in the wonderful snow belt and would hate to not be able to go to work because my tractor was in the shop and I couldnt get out of my long long driveway. I'll post back with what the dealer says in the spring.

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues #17  
I do not know Mahindras, but HST tractors also have a suction filter
inside the hyd reservoir that is not visible and is not a spin-on
replaceable filter. The ones I have seen are a steel mesh. If that is
a bit clogged, you will get problems at higher flow rates.

Is your fluid cloudy? Have you done your first break-in service and
replaced the hyd fluid?

I'm going to reiterate what dfkrug stated, since you can easily do it yourself. Ive had problems in the past with my hydraulic screen also. Hopefully your manual will show where your is..... pull it and clean it. Its a 30 minute job.

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues #18  
Check your fuel filter/bowl.
Mine started doing what you described tonight. The more I pushed it the more it would bog down & almost die out. Then it started actually dieing on me. Pretty frustrating since my car was stuck at the end of the 1000' driveway with 12" of new snow.
I managed to limp the tractor into the garage. Figured it might be water in the fuel so I added an additive & pulled the fuel filter bowl off. The whole filter was covered with white goo. It looked & seemed like lard.:confused: Really hard to clean off the filter. Put it all back together. Tractor is like new again!:D

Here it is 3 months later and the tractor is finally in the shop, only because I think we are finally done with snow. The dealer confirmed there is obviously something wrong with the tractor just in driving it a few feet around the lot. He told me perhaps the fluid is "too thick" so they are going to change the fluid out and run some pressure testing on the pump. I asked about warranty covering any of it and he told me the warranty is broken down in so many different ways that he would have to do some reading to see if it's covered and possibly contact Mahindra. I dont have any of my literature to read over, but I'm really hoping it's covered. Its been in the shop since Tuesday so hopefully I hear something soon. I'm excited to get it back and have it running like it use to.

I just called to see what was going on with the tractor. The mechanic told me when he changed out my new WIX HST filter and put in the Mahindra filter, it helped with the issue I'm having. I told him some of the suggestions from here and I think he's going to try the suction screen next. Has anyone else had issues with wix filters in their HST? It didn't fix the problem, but it made it less of a problem apparently. One more question, is it listed in the 50 or 100 hour recommended maintenance to clean that screen? He told me it should have been done when I changed the filter, but I didn't remember seeing that anywhere and I can't find my book.