2615HST Transmission Issues

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues #21  
I just called to see what was going on with the tractor. The mechanic told me when he changed out my new WIX HST filter and put in the Mahindra filter, it helped with the issue I'm having. I told him some of the suggestions from here and I think he's going to try the suction screen next. Has anyone else had issues with wix filters in their HST? It didn't fix the problem, but it made it less of a problem apparently. One more question, is it listed in the 50 or 100 hour recommended maintenance to clean that screen? He told me it should have been done when I changed the filter, but I didn't remember seeing that anywhere and I can't find my book.

We've had problems on both Branson and Mahindra when aftermarket hydraulic or HST filters are used. Not that they are inferior, but just because they fit does not mean the micron filtration or bypass (if equipped) pressures are the same. This may not be the issue, but I'd recommend always using the Mahindra (mitsu) HST and hydraulic filters. In 10 years of average use, you are talking about saving less than $100 by going to Wix on those filters. Unofficially, the oil, fuel and air filters do not concern me as much, as long as they interchange properly.

HST's need the correct fluid and the correct filters, they are fussy that way. Don't use the re-refined TSC cheap stuff. And yes, if a tractor has a screen, you need to clean it whenever a filter change is called for.

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues
I got a call from the mechanic this morning and it ended up being the high pressure valves causing the problems. He said everything else looks great. He's hoping to have the parts by the weekend. I miss my tractor!

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues #23  
I got a call from the mechanic this morning and it ended up being the high pressure valves causing the problems. He said everything else looks great. He's hoping to have the parts by the weekend. I miss my tractor!

Man, I bet you do! It's great that they know what the problem is now and will get you running. Having a tractor that will run, but not run right is almost worse than not having one at all.

/ 2615HST Transmission Issues
Yes, I agree. It was very slowly getting worse, so I was starting to get use to it and thinking maybe I only thought it use to have more power and that it was all in my head. When I got to the point I could barely pull a toboggen with a small child on it behind the tractor in middle gear, I knew there's no way that was normal haha. You don't realize how bad you need it until it's gone.