Tires 2920 front tires tearing up the lawn

/ 2920 front tires tearing up the lawn #11  
Art, thanks I will need to check that. I just looked at mine and thought I saw 45 on them. They looked mussy under load is why I looked and then when I checked they were at 40, remember thinking I needed get the air pump out. I will check it again tonight.

/ 2920 front tires tearing up the lawn #12  
I have R-4 tires on my B2620, and it does tear up the grass pretty badly on any kind of sharp turn. The problem is much more pronounced in 4wd of course. Originally, I had planned on getting a MMM for the tractor, but have decided against it because of this issue, and the fact that I probablly want something more manuverable than what I mow with now, not less so.

/ 2920 front tires tearing up the lawn #13  
I have straight turf tires front and rear and the only place on my lawn where I have damaged the lawn is where the front tires are when I'm hooking up or unhooking my 3 point implements. I have a quick hitch system, and unless that's lined up -just so-, then it's a problem to attach, so I often have to do lots of manuvering, sharp turns at very slow speeds. Given all that, I'd be more impressed if that place on my lawn didn't show signs of wear and tear.

So the short of it is, other then what I've described above, I don't seem to have problems with my 2920 using all around straight turf tires.

I always have my FEL attached. I regularly traverse my lawn with my tractor.

There are some precautions that I do take. I make sure I'm out of 4WD when hooking and unhooking and I don't tractor on the lawn when the lawn is wet.

It could just be that you're soil is just naturally softer then mine, or that you're using a different grass.

The only advise I can offer is to switch the front to all turf tires and see if that makes a difference. It's a rather expensive test though.

Larry

/ 2920 front tires tearing up the lawn #14  
If I try to turn at high speed or real sharp my B2710 front tires will cut the grass. So I slow down for turns and don't make full lock turns. Using RFM.

One thing not mentions that might could be an issue is check the alignment of your front tires. Also is it one wheel only, is so check that tire and rim.

/ 2920 front tires tearing up the lawn #15  
From Art: "Max pressure written on the sides of the industrial tires on a B-2920 is 35 lbs!! Stand back please!!!!!"

Art, you were spot on on this one. I have no idea where I got 45lbs. I am set now and sorry to all for the mis-information.

/ 2920 front tires tearing up the lawn #16  
I have the same issue with my 2920 with turfs and no additional weight of loaded tires. Just assumed it was par for the course. 2wd or 4wd doesn't make much differance. I also try not to make any sharp turns.

If anyone has a possible solution...that would be great.

/ 2920 front tires tearing up the lawn #17  
I have the same issue with my 2920 with turfs and no additional weight of loaded tires. Just assumed it was par for the course. 2wd or 4wd doesn't make much differance. I also try not to make any sharp turns.

If anyone has a possible solution...that would be great.
Same here. Nature of the beast.

Spent several years in Decatur working at the Clinton Power Station.

Kreckles still in business?

Striglo's is an office sales business downtown if I recall correctly.

/ 2920 front tires tearing up the lawn #18  
I have a 2620 with R4s and I have had no problems with lawn damage with 2WD or 4WD. Sounds like it depends on the depth of the root structure.

/ 2920 front tires tearing up the lawn #19  
My B2920 is very good at tearing up my turf. So much so I ended up keeping my Zero turn mower. Only mowed with the B2920 twice and gave up :confused:

/ 2920 front tires tearing up the lawn #20  
Same here. Nature of the beast.

Spent several years in Decatur working at the Clinton Power Station.

Kreckles still in business?

Striglo's is an office sales business downtown if I recall correctly.

CRBR, Yes Kreckles still make the best burger in town, Clinton Power Plant has gone through several changes in owners and you are correct on my family association..we are still alive and kicking downtown.