2x4 Lumber Law Suits Dismissed?

/ 2x4 Lumber Law Suits Dismissed? #11  
If you cut your own trees and take them to a saw mill. Around here, they will come out 2x4. only store bought are less than 2x4, 2x6,6x6,etc,.

/ 2x4 Lumber Law Suits Dismissed? #12  
I call them finish 2x4s, lumber has always be sawen at full dimension 2"x4". The 2"x4"s then are dried then planed down to perfectly straight 1-1/2" x 3-1/2" x 8'.
Around here 50 years ago there was sawmills everywhere, stacks and stacks and stacks, BIG stacks of lumber everywhere, now very few sawmills across Maine, most logs now are taken up across the border to that other country, cant think of the name right now, but up there they saw up the logs and truck the lumber back to HD and Lowes..........So the the logs go north, then comes back in lumber and people like me buy these portable sawmills and we live happily ever after.......................................

/ 2x4 Lumber Law Suits Dismissed? #13  
   / 2x4 Lumber Law Suits Dismissed? #14  
I call them finish 2x4s, lumber has always be sawen at full dimension 2"x4". The 2"x4"s then are dried then planed down to perfectly straight 1-1/2" x 3-1/2" x 8'.
Around here 50 years ago there was sawmills everywhere, stacks and stacks and stacks, BIG stacks of lumber everywhere, now very few sawmills across Maine, most logs now are taken up across the border to that other country, cant think of the name right now, but up there they saw up the logs and truck the lumber back to HD and Lowes..........So the the logs go north, then comes back in lumber and people like me buy these portable sawmills and we live happily ever after.......................................

Always liked to watch the show The American Loggers, The Pelletier Brothers filmed in Maine. Yes, most all construction grade lumber comes from Canada. Lumber here in Tenn. cost more as it has to be shipped from Canada. most pine trees in the USA is used for plywood and engineered lumber.

/ 2x4 Lumber Law Suits Dismissed? #15  
Might be some loud whining about splinters if they actually got their hands on a "real" 2X4:laughing:

/ 2x4 Lumber Law Suits Dismissed? #16  
I seem to remember a “low” down large box store brand selling 2 x 4 that were smaller than the standard 1 1/2 x 3 1/2. Law suit i think and issues with the lumber be unable to meet building codes ended that attempt one more “cost” savings by the large outfits. 2014 ? Or so perhaps.

/ 2x4 Lumber Law Suits Dismissed? #17  
   / 2x4 Lumber Law Suits Dismissed? #18  

I remember when they were 1 3/4" x 3 3/4"

/ 2x4 Lumber Law Suits Dismissed? #19  
I remember when they were 1 3/4" x 3 3/4"

That must of added a lot more fraction math to building houses, probably back when the average person knew math that was taught in the average school. Wonder what dimension lumber is sawed in metric country's..............

/ 2x4 Lumber Law Suits Dismissed? #20  
If that was a jury trial and my son was on it, the plaintiff would of got my son's vote he will wont change his mind. He maintains those 2x4s at HD are not 2x4s, that's it, if you come to his place you'll get an earful if you bring that up.
I read the story and it seems part of the decision was that they are sold as 2x4 and not 2"x4"...in other words the 2x4 is nothing other than a product name.