3" or 4" PVC for septic

/ 3" or 4" PVC for septic #21  
Re: 3\" or 4\" PVC for septic

Steve,
It is much easier and quicker as well. You only have to glue 2 pieces at each joint rather than 4 and is less messy.
Farwell

/ 3" or 4" PVC for septic

rdln and farwell, thanks for the explanation. Sounds like the bell end is the way to go.

/ 3" or 4" PVC for septic #23  

The cost of 4" over 3" is so small that it's worth the extra insurance, especially if it's not accessible after building. When in doubt overbuild instead of underbuild -- that's my motto!

The local plumbing inspector just last week required my plumber to use 4" where it ran underground into the house. One argument is that even though there is just one bath on it now, you never know what might be added in the future.

/ 3" or 4" PVC for septic #24  

The cost of 4" over 3" is so small that it's worth the extra insurance, especially if it's not accessible after building. When in doubt overbuild instead of underbuild -- that's my motto!

The local plumbing inspector just last week required my plumber to use 4" where it ran underground into the house. One argument is that even though there is just one bath on it now, you never know what might be added in the future.

/ 3" or 4" PVC for septic #25  

All drain lines in my own home here are 2 inch ( regardless of tub or shower) running into 4 inch PVC. Finding connection pieces for 1 1/2 and 3 inch ..at times..can be a real BIT**. Can find 2" and 4" anywhere. Any interior walls that stacks..etc..run thru..are 2 x 6 walls..INSULATED...so there isnt any noise transmitted

/ 3" or 4" PVC for septic #26  

All drain lines in my own home here are 2 inch ( regardless of tub or shower) running into 4 inch PVC. Finding connection pieces for 1 1/2 and 3 inch ..at times..can be a real BIT**. Can find 2" and 4" anywhere. Any interior walls that stacks..etc..run thru..are 2 x 6 walls..INSULATED...so there isnt any noise transmitted

bebster and sully, thanks for your input. Underground I'll use 4" sewer line. I will not use 3". Thanks to everyone.

bebster and sully, thanks for your input. Underground I'll use 4" sewer line. I will not use 3". Thanks to everyone.

/ 3" or 4" PVC for septic #29  

Any interior walls that stacks..etc..run thru..are 2 x 6 walls..INSULATED...so there isnt any noise transmitted

I insulated all my bathroom walls when I built the house, and wrapped insulation around every drain pipe. Then I tested it, especially the upstairs toilets. Even the slightest hint of rushing water and another layer went on.

I had a helper who really made a game out of it -- he would get in the bathroom then grunt & groan prodigously before he flushed the toilet. Not only did we silence the drain pipes, but the grunting & groaning convinced me to re-route a few air ducts, which can sometimes have a megaphone effect...

/ 3" or 4" PVC for septic #30  

Any interior walls that stacks..etc..run thru..are 2 x 6 walls..INSULATED...so there isnt any noise transmitted

I insulated all my bathroom walls when I built the house, and wrapped insulation around every drain pipe. Then I tested it, especially the upstairs toilets. Even the slightest hint of rushing water and another layer went on.

I had a helper who really made a game out of it -- he would get in the bathroom then grunt & groan prodigously before he flushed the toilet. Not only did we silence the drain pipes, but the grunting & groaning convinced me to re-route a few air ducts, which can sometimes have a megaphone effect...