3" or 4" PVC for septic

/ 3" or 4" PVC for septic #41  
Re: 3\" or 4\" PVC for septic

SDR 35 isn't for storm drains. It's the good stuff for sewer drains and sewar mains. It's gasketed so there is some movement when it's in the groudn as oposed to glue pipe that will break if your ground has any movement.

Use Sch 40 under the slab and if your close to your septic, stay with it.

If you need to travel any distance at all, you will be better off using SDR 35.

To get back on topic about 3 inch versus 4 inch. I've never had any problems finding 3 inch fittings. That's either an old time issue or a wives tale. I've heard it allot myself, but for the life of me, everyone has lots of 3 inch fittings. It's very, very common in new homes.

Don't just compare the price of the pipe, but compare the fittings too. I think the difference is enough to make 3 inch more desireable.

Eddie

/ 3" or 4" PVC for septic #42  

SDR 35 isn't for storm drains. It's the good stuff for sewer drains and sewar mains. It's gasketed so there is some movement when it's in the groudn as oposed to glue pipe that will break if your ground has any movement.

Use Sch 40 under the slab and if your close to your septic, stay with it.

If you need to travel any distance at all, you will be better off using SDR 35.

To get back on topic about 3 inch versus 4 inch. I've never had any problems finding 3 inch fittings. That's either an old time issue or a wives tale. I've heard it allot myself, but for the life of me, everyone has lots of 3 inch fittings. It's very, very common in new homes.

Don't just compare the price of the pipe, but compare the fittings too. I think the difference is enough to make 3 inch more desireable.

Eddie

/ 3" or 4" PVC for septic

As I highly respect both Kenny and Eddie's opinion I guess I need to talk to a plumber to see what type of pipe is recommended. Thanks guys!

/ 3" or 4" PVC for septic

As I highly respect both Kenny and Eddie's opinion I guess I need to talk to a plumber to see what type of pipe is recommended. Thanks guys!

/ 3" or 4" PVC for septic #45  

Funny - I just spoke with two different plumbers today to get their take on the 3" or 4" debacle. Their take was a 4" main was absolutely the way to go over a 3" and to use the 4" out to the septic as well. We didn't get into a discussion about SDR35 vs sch 40, but it seems clear that the 20' length glue-up bell line is by far the better deal. It will be interesting to see how the prices compare. Looks like my frost wall isn't getting completely backfilled tomorrow no matter what I do - no supply houses open on Sunday in the metropolis of Des Moines, Iowa that I know of.

/ 3" or 4" PVC for septic #46  

Funny - I just spoke with two different plumbers today to get their take on the 3" or 4" debacle. Their take was a 4" main was absolutely the way to go over a 3" and to use the 4" out to the septic as well. We didn't get into a discussion about SDR35 vs sch 40, but it seems clear that the 20' length glue-up bell line is by far the better deal. It will be interesting to see how the prices compare. Looks like my frost wall isn't getting completely backfilled tomorrow no matter what I do - no supply houses open on Sunday in the metropolis of Des Moines, Iowa that I know of.