3 point hitch problem

/ 3 point hitch problem #11  
Errr. That sounds bad. Hope it's not.
Did it make a loud noise when it dropped?
Is there hydraulic oil dripping anywhere?

This question's for the hydraulic experts:
Does an overloaded cylinder just move or do the seals blow out and then it moves?
If it's the seals, then the damage shouldn't be to expen$ive ... provided the cylinders are external to the gearbox ...

/ 3 point hitch problem #12  
Okay, so when you applied the weight, the 3ph was not at its lowest point. That changes things. Yeah. Sounds like you broke something. Maybe blew out a seal in your hydraulics? Look for leaking hydraulic oil?

You never answered my other question: do the tractor's other hydraulics work? Steering? Loader?

/ 3 point hitch problem #13  
You still have not actually described what it was you were trying to lift and how you applied it to the 3ph.

/ 3 point hitch problem
a pallet of weighted material. What holds the 3 point hitch at its lowest level? Can someone describe how this works?

/ 3 point hitch problem
The 3 point hitch was at its lowest level when this happened. Yes.. the other hydraulics are working.

/ 3 point hitch problem #16  
The 3 point hitch was at its lowest level when this happened. Yes.. the other hydraulics are working.

If the other hydraulics are working, then that would seem to rule out the (admittedly unlikely) scenario that you somehow damaged your hydraulic pump. So that's good. Have you got any leaking hydraulic fluid coming from the three-point lift cylinder?

PS: Any time a more knowledgeable TBN member wants to step in and take over this troubleshooting, feel free. I'm only helping because I seem to be slightly more knowledgeable than BirdMan. But I know there are folks here who are way more knowledgeable than me.

/ 3 point hitch problem
There is no hydraulic fluid leaking

/ 3 point hitch problem #18  
Why are u being so secretive of what happened?! Tells us the whole story so we can help.

You may have broken a link pin, etc inside the lift.

/ 3 point hitch problem #19  
The reason people are being so pushy about asking what exactly you put on your hitch is because they can estimate the weight of it and give a reasonable guess as to whether you overloaded your hitch or not. You keep saying, "A pallet of material," or, "something very heavy." What was it? Landscaping tile? Bricks? How much?