3 point hitch problem

/ 3 point hitch problem
There is currently nothing attached to teh 3 point hitch, when i use teh control that normaly moves teh 3 point hitch up and down.. nothing happens.

/ 3 point hitch problem #22  
I don't think I can help you any more than this. Sorry. Welcome to the forum.

(And you still haven't said what exactly was on the pallet so that people can estimate whether it is likely to have been heavy enough damage anything.)

/ 3 point hitch problem #23  
Why are u being so secretive of what happened?! Tells us the whole story so we can help.

:thumbsup:

I don't think I can help you any more than this. Sorry. Welcome to the forum.

(And you still haven't said what exactly was on the pallet so that people can estimate whether it is likely to have been heavy enough damage anything.)

Agreed. I am throwing in the towel. This is just too much work to get to the bottom of this. Good luck and welcome to TBN

/ 3 point hitch problem
My apologies if I offended. I did not realize the story was more important than the mechanical issue. I hope I can be forgiven? This is my first post... and I am grateful for all you have done so far to help me trouble shoot this issue. Would you know where I can find a diagram of how a 3 point hitch looks like on the inside of my tractor?

/ 3 point hitch problem #25  
My apologies if I offended. I did not realize the story was more important than the mechanical issue. I hope I can be forgiven? This is my first post... and I am grateful for all you have done so far to help me trouble shoot this issue. Would you know where I can find a diagram of how a 3 point hitch looks like on the inside of my tractor?

No offense taken, Birdman. It's just that, given the information you've given, there's just not any more troubleshooting I can do over the Internet.

For the exploded diagram, you would probably need to get the service manual. Here is a TBN thread discussing the service manual for your exact tractor.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-operating/140555-mf-1533-service-manual.html

Maybe if you PM that user, he will scan or photograph the relevant pages for you and email them to you.

/ 3 point hitch problem #26  
On my old yanmar, the lift cylinder is inside the transmission /rear end casting (under the seat). the cylinder shaft turns a "crank shaft" that rotate the lift arms. When I had the seal go on the cylinder, the lift arms sank down quite quickly with the leaking oil returning to the hydraulic sump in the transmission casing. My 3point valve is also under the top cover. Hope this helps you figure out what is wrong. Cam

/ 3 point hitch problem #27  
Interesting!! The OP has not come back with more comment or questions here, but does have question posted in attachments section. Will a 2000lb. pallet fork carry 2000lbs. and will his tractor lift it? Wonder if he got it working again.

/ 3 point hitch problem #28  
His Massey has a rear lift of something like 2800 at the end of the lift arms. Seems unlikely that he over-stressed his system and broke it.

/ 3 point hitch problem #29  
Must have been a pallet of DU.

/ 3 point hitch problem #30  
i would bet this is a kid that was screwing around and broke his old mans tractor and is trying to fix it before he finds out. Who else loads things on a pallet to see how much it can take? Not trying to offend the kid. i used to do stuff like this to my grandfathers machines when i was younger. Would see how far i could push something till it breaks. Just sounds like what this kid is doin. Bite the bullet kid and tell your dad what happens and maybe prepare before hand for the consequences. Can you put a telephone book down your pants so the belt wont hurt so bad?