3 Point Turbo Saw

/ 3 Point Turbo Saw #51  
It is off subject but I just have to comment. One of the main problems with our country 14-18 year old kids cannot find jobs, cannot find a way of earning money. Time and energy with nothing constructive to do, and we wonder why they join gangs, steal, and general get into trouble. You have a need, money, and cannot hire them. They could gain experinece working with equipment, importance of working safely. and have a work reference.

/ 3 Point Turbo Saw #52  
It is off subject but I just have to comment. One of the main problems with our country 14-18 year old kids cannot find jobs, cannot find a way of earning money. Time and energy with nothing constructive to do, and we wonder why they join gangs, steal, and general get into trouble. You have a need, money, and cannot hire them. They could gain experinece working with equipment, importance of working safely. and have a work reference.

No argument here. I completely agree with you. I had a 16 y/o h.s. student who is in FFA, lives on a ranch and has all the experience I wanted when I was looking to hire someone, but my hands were tied. If he was just going to mow my yard it would be a different story, but the nature of the work out here and the equipment involved threw my insurance agent into a mini-tantrum. Fortunately, he will be 18 in October, is staying in town to go to college at Texas ATM and will be coming to work for me on his 18th birthday. My current college student will be graduating so it is quite timely.

/ 3 Point Turbo Saw #53  
Seems like a good way to crush a perfectly good tractor? A friend did the same thing, but he somehow got his homeowners coverage to cover the $7k it cost to repair the tractor and replace his loader.

I have found that nothing works better than properly notching and back cutting to leave a proper hinge. A few different sized plastic wedges and your all set for directional felling.

The majority of the time I place a small stick in the ground where I want the tip of the tree to land. It's amazing how many times you can get within 10' of the "target".

/ 3 Point Turbo Saw #54  
Seems like a good way to crush a perfectly good tractor? A friend did the same thing, but he somehow got his homeowners coverage to cover the $7k it cost to repair the tractor and replace his loader.

I have found that nothing works better than properly notching and back cutting to leave a proper hinge. A few different sized plastic wedges and your all set for directional felling.

The majority of the time I place a small stick in the ground where I want the tip of the tree to land. It's amazing how many times you can get within 10' of the "target".

It's worked well for the better part of 6 years and never come close. I do notch.

/ 3 Point Turbo Saw #55  
I have a shaver sc25. I love it!

Have you figured out how to use the stand on your SC25, when not in use? Seems any way I position the thing, it wants to slump over at some crazy angle -- making it difficult to re-attach to the hitch.

/ 3 Point Turbo Saw #56  
Have you figured out how to use the stand on your SC25, when not in use? Seems any way I position the thing, it wants to slump over at some crazy angle -- making it difficult to re-attach to the hitch.

Yes, I use a 2x4 or a block of some sort and set the grind wheel down on it. Everything levels.

/ 3 Point Turbo Saw #57  
Bought the LT3200 TurboSaw, and it fit right up to my iMatch with very little re-rigging of the lower and upper connection bushings.
Was hesitant about the HP of the JD 4300 to power this attachment but after cutting over 50 spruce stumps today, the HP is just fine.
An awesome fit, finish, and robust piece of equipment..
Varying the pitch or angle of the sawblade using the hydraulic top arm is a convenient feature, but not a requirement.

Tackling standing spruce trees that are 30-40' tall and in the 10-12" diameter works well.. notch out on the tractor side and don't cut all the way through, allowing the push bar to topple the tree.

Thanks to a TBN member for chatting about his experience with the TS. One day use, but believe its a winner.

Attachments

• Mounted_ready.jpg
    Mounted_ready.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 418
   / 3 Point Turbo Saw #58  
Here is a video of taking out a 10" spruce tree.. am very happy with this attachment. Have a couple dozen or more spruce out, and when weather cools a bit, there will be many more.
Having stumps off at ground level (surprising how big the root of a 10" tree is at ground level) is a real bonus.
TurboSaw thinning 9" Spruce tree - YouTube

/ 3 Point Turbo Saw #59  
Nice video, thanks.

/ 3 Point Turbo Saw #60  
Bought the LT3200 TurboSaw, and it fit right up to my iMatch with very little re-rigging of the lower and upper connection bushings.
Was hesitant about the HP of the JD 4300 to power this attachment but after cutting over 50 spruce stumps today, the HP is just fine.
An awesome fit, finish, and robust piece of equipment..
Varying the pitch or angle of the sawblade using the hydraulic top arm is a convenient feature, but not a requirement.

Tackling standing spruce trees that are 30-40' tall and in the 10-12" diameter works well.. notch out on the tractor side and don't cut all the way through, allowing the push bar to topple the tree.

Thanks to a TBN member for chatting about his experience with the TS. One day use, but believe its a winner.

We need more action pics :D That's a great setup. It's nice to hear the power is sufficient as well. What do you have for PTO hp?