3-pt hitch calculator - can't find it...

/ 3-pt hitch calculator - can't find it... #1  

whiskywizard

Gold Member
Tractor
KIOTI CK20S HST
I'm having trouble finding an old thread.

Someone here took the time to build a really good spreadsheet that used the dimensions of your 3-pt hitch points to allow you build implements that moved in the arc you wanted. It even included a graphic that showed a little sketch of the hitch and how it moved when raised or lowered.

Can anyone help me locate that thread again?

/ 3-pt hitch calculator - can't find it... #2  
3 point.JPG

/ 3-pt hitch calculator - can't find it... #4  
Couldn't get this to load as an attachment. Not sure if this and the previous was what you were looking for or not.

ASAE S217.11 DEC99
Three-Point Free-Link Attachment for Hitching Implements to Agricultural Wheel Tractors
1 Scope
1.1 This Standard sets forth requirements for the attachment of three-point hitch implements or equipment to the rear of agricultural wheel tractors by means of a three-point free-link in association with a power lift.
1.2 In order to assure proper performance of certain implements, standard dimensions for mast height, mast pitch adjustment and implement leveling adjustment are included. Location of link-attachment points is not restricted and is, therefore, left to the discretion of the tractor designer.
1.3 If draft links are used for trailing power take-off implements, a means shall be included for locking the draft links in a fixed position, and a drawbar hitch point shall be positioned in conformance with power take-off standards.
1.4 Dimensions comprising the standard specifications are divided into 4 categories:
Category Maximum drawbar power* kW
I 15 to 35 (20 to 45 hp)
II 30 to 75 (40 to 100 hp)
III and III-N** 60 to 168 (80 to 225 hp)
IV and IV-N** 135 to 300 (180 to 400 hp)
*Based on SAE J2708.
**Refer to Section 3, Special Hitch Categories.
ASAE S482 DEC98
Drawbars--Agricultural Wheel Tractors
1 Purpose and scope
1.1 This Standard provides dimensions and vertical static load limits for drawbars of agricultural wheel type tractors.
1.1.1 To facilitate interchangeability of towed implements and wheeled type tractors within established power categories.
1.1.2 To facilitate interchangeability of drawbar attachments such as drawbar extenders and safety chain attachments.
1.1.3 To provide limits for vertical static loads imposed by towed implements.
1.1.4 To provide dimensions relating the drawbar to the tractor power take-off shaft.
1.2 Dimensions comprising the standard specifications are divided into four categories:
Category Maximum drawbar power kW (P)
I 15-35
II 30-100
III 60-170
IV 135-300

/ 3-pt hitch calculator - can't find it... #5  
Whiskeywizard. Well, after rereading your original post, I see I didn't address your question. Oh well, maybe someone will get some use from those attachments.

/ 3-pt hitch calculator - can't find it...
Thanks everyone. LD1 hit the specific one I was looking for. The others would allow me to build the .xls file myself but why reinvent the wheel?
Thanks again.

P.s. - I still can't figure out why my forum searches didn't turn up the right post.

/ 3-pt hitch calculator - can't find it... #8  
This looks like what whiskywizard is looking for. I tried downloading the .zip file and extracting the files but I get an error that the file is invalid.

If you want PM me, and I will send you a working .xls file of that worksheet. I used it to make my ballast barrel, and it has my dimensions for a L3400 in it but you can adjust for your dimensions.

James K0UA

/ 3-pt hitch calculator - can't find it... #9  
This looks like what whiskywizard is looking for. I tried downloading the .zip file and extracting the files but I get an error that the file is invalid.
I was able to open it and re-zip the file. Try the new one I have attached.

/ 3-pt hitch calculator - can't find it... #10  
I have a policy of not downloading or uploading zip files(because they are virus carriers). It is rare that any sort of calculator needs to be zipped.

The zip file can hide bad acting executables(.exe, or .com), which are the source of millions(maybe billons) of bad experiences!

Can you upload the xls file?

Thanks
Chris