3 PT MoldBoard Plows, New or Used?

/ 3 PT MoldBoard Plows, New or Used? #52  
Here's a picture of our Ford 104 today. It has 3 16's, and we use fresh steel all over. We pull it with a JD 6330, but I do no think I want a bigger one for our heavier soils. We only plow alfalfa ground for corn so it doesn't get much use. I added the trash plates about ten years ago, but I still dont get total coverage.

Also a picture of plowing one field last year. Should I be happy with this or press on towards plowing perfection? I don't plow that much so I'm sure I could use some pointers. I did not plow this, but I did try to straighten it out for them. Driving straight is something you either got or not.

Thanks
backbotplow.jpg

ford104plow.jpg

Looks like you are plowing just fine. Nice plow!! Ken Sweet

/ 3 PT MoldBoard Plows, New or Used? #53  
OK so i got some pictures for you fellas. It was dark out when I took them so i apoligize. The tractor lights are only so bright! There was no tags or model number on the plow only a dealer sticker. The one castiing number was right behind the upwright where the hitch swivels.

Attachments

• PLow1.jpg
    PLow1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 142
  • plow2.jpg
    plow2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 140
  • plow3.jpg
    plow3.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 131
   / 3 PT MoldBoard Plows, New or Used? #54  
Ok so i got some better pictures yesterday!ATT16027.jpgATT37232.jpg

/ 3 PT MoldBoard Plows, New or Used? #57  
Pic of the blue plow above Why are the 3 point setup off set one up and one down?

it so that the plow will pull level when in the ground. One tractor wheel is on the original ground and the other tire is in the previous furrow. The offset pins give you the needed adjustment in your lower lift arms to level the plow in the ground.

/ 3 PT MoldBoard Plows, New or Used? #58  
it so that the plow will pull level when in the ground. One tractor wheel is on the original ground and the other tire is in the previous furrow. The offset pins give you the needed adjustment in your lower lift arms to level the plow in the ground.
If that was the case I would think the right tire would be lower as its driven in the furrow so the 3 point lift offset piece on the plow should be the other was twisted up not down.

/ 3 PT MoldBoard Plows, New or Used? #59  
Rasor, your logic is good at face value, but it is kinda a optical pollution. The pins are offset but arms are level. So the frame is actually higher on right side which compensates for furrow. I usually still have to adjust link on lift arm some.
Don't think of the pin on right as lower but rather the toolbar of plow is higher. Hope that helps.
Jody

/ 3 PT MoldBoard Plows, New or Used? #60  
In my limited experience, the offset hitch pins are more for adjusting the angle of the plow behind the tractor than the height from side to side.

Sean