$300 For 50 hour service on L2501

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #1  

TBone

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L-2501 HST
Well, it's not quite $300, it is $292 so I'll have enough left out of three C notes to buy me a burger. I usually do my own service but decided to let the dealer do the first one cause I remember how hard these factory installed filters are to get off sometimes. I left it last week and they called this morning to tell me it is ready. I'll probably go pick it up in the morning.

Anyway, I know they changed the engine oil and filter, changed both hydraulic filters, topped off the hydraulic fluid and they also changed the fuel filter, just in case. I got them to check my hydraulic pressure while they had it but I assume there is no charge for that.

Anybody else out there had their 50 hour service done on their L and if so how much $$ was yours

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #2  
I really shouldn't but I get oil changed on my Duramax. I think it's over a hundred bucks CDN. Sometimes they see stuff that I would not even know to look for. Worn belts or a broken tranny mount for instance. That can be worth a lot.

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #3  
My local Kubota dealer charges $75 per hour for Kubota qualified mechanic time. Lower Alabama is probably competitive with Northern Florida.

Four Kubota filters, new oil, used oil and used filters disposal, etc was probably $120.
https://www.amazon.com/Kubota-L2501...ormat=strip&impressionTimestamp=1543873543521

Personally, I pay for Kubota OEM filters, parts and fluids.

Initial removal of factory installed filters remains very difficult for a consumer.

I had them check my hydraulic pressure but I assume there is no charge for that.

Why should the dealer check your hydraulic pressure at no charge?

$292 seems like a fair charge to me.

Last edited:
   / $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #4  
People should try and get that thrown in with the tractor purchase price since it's worth more to you who has to pay retail over them that does it at their cost.

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #5  
My local Kubota dealer charges $75 per hour for Kubota qualified mechanic time. Lower Alabama is probably competitive with Northern Florida.

Four Kubota filters, new oil, used oil and used filters disposal, etc was probably $120.
https://www.amazon.com/Kubota-L2501...ormat=strip&impressionTimestamp=1543873543521

Personally, I use only Kubota OEM filters, parts and fluids.

Initial removal of factory installed filters remains very difficult for a consumer.

Why should the dealer check your hydraulic pressure at no charge?

$292 seems like a fair price to me.

Does any oil filter maker make filters JUST for Kubota, or JD, or GM, or Ford, etc.?

Does an refiner make oil products JUST for Kubota, or JD,or GM, or Ford, etc?

Does any antifreeze producer produce antifreeze JUST for Kubota, or GM, or Ford, etc?

Kubota badging maybe,.... but that is about it.

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #6  
I was shocked, yes shocked when I went into a Kubota Dealer and asked for their Antifreeze. and was told they don't have their own brand. Did I mention, I was shocked? They probably have Kubota Finger nail clippers though.

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #7  
Sounds like a fair price.

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #8  
Does any oil filter maker make filters JUST for Kubota, or JD, or GM, or Ford, etc.?

Kubota badging maybe,.... but that is about it.

I think each of us should spend our hard earned dollars as we wish.

Personally, I use only Kubota OEM filters, parts and fluids in the two Kubota tractors I have owned during the last seven years.

INTERESTING VIDEOS: Napa Filters VS Kubota Filters - Do you need OEM filters? - YouTube

NAPA VS KUBOTA (hydraulic oil filters) - What's inside??? - YouTube

Last edited:
   / $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #9  
I plan to do the 400 hour service on my 3301 myself, and will pay more than that just for the fluids and filters. Just the SUDT is about $160, but I will run Kubota parts at least until it's paid for.

/ $300 For 50 hour service on L2501 #10  
If that was done at the shop I supervise I’d expect the price to be similar. We would check the loader bracket hardware and wheel lugs in addition to the filters and fluids you list. If we checked the hydraulic system pressure and found it to be in spec you would pay for that as well. If it were found to be out of spec warranty would pay for the diagnosis and remedy.