3016HST price check

/ 3016HST price check #11  
Oh and he had a 4010, I believe HST with a loader, and a 22 HP model, which he has on craigslist: MAHINDRA 22HP W/LOADER

He is getting out of stocking tractors but will remain a dealer able to order new tractors, will continue to carry parts and do normal and warranty service. I liked the guy, he owns Penn Diesel, seemed like a no bs straight forward guy.

I actually went to go look at that 2216 today. I'm looking for a small compact tractor with FEL and a mmm if possible. Assumed I would need to go with a used machine but at this price point I might be able to do new.

I'm currently debating the gear drive vs hydro and the lack of live PTO, but value and reliability is my biggest concern. I figure the FEL isn't as easy to operate with a gear drive but I can learn to make it work I'm sure.

Now my question - how is that price of $10,600 for that tractor? He said it was a 2012 but looking at the ad on their website I think it's actually a 2011. Seemed to run and drive good, but it sounds like it's been sitting on their lot for a real long time. I've been trying to find "comps" on the web but since the tractor model seems to be out of production I'm not finding anything.

Last edited:
   / 3016HST price check #12  
That is a great price for a great, Mitsubishi built tractor with a loader, and a 5 year warranty. They are a very well built, solid, reliable machines.

/ 3016HST price check #13  
Thanks for the confirmation AchingBack. I'm very tempted by this tractor. With some care I think it would last me a very long time.

/ 3016HST price check #14  
That is a really reliable tractor. Solid, simple, fairly heavy and priced for about what you would pay for a used one with no warranty. However, if you really want HST, you could price a new Max22 or Max25 to compare. But the 2216 will be heavier and run larger tires. I know where there is a dealer return demo MMM that fits a 2216, so if you get that tractor and want a mower I can try to get a price on that MMM for you.

/ 3016HST price check #15  
Thanks Dave.

I do want hydro but at the same time with my budget I either get this one, or a used hydro machine that has been possibly beat up by its previous owner. I know modern hydros are reliable but you can still burn them up especially with an FEL and an operator that doesn't care.

Mahindras weren't really on my radar untill i saw this dealer "closing out" his stock. The fact that it's a Mitsubishi is a huge plus in my book. Now that my two closest dealer have stopped carrying these tractors it makes me a little nervous about dealer support in the future, but if this is as good of a price as I'm thinking then it is probably worth the risk. I can probably still get parts through cub cadet or CNH dealers, possibly.

Does that MMM demo include the kit to install the mid PTO?

/ 3016HST price check #16  
Thanks Dave.

I do want hydro but at the same time with my budget I either get this one, or a used hydro machine that has been possibly beat up by its previous owner. I know modern hydros are reliable but you can still burn them up especially with an FEL and an operator that doesn't care.

Mahindras weren't really on my radar untill i saw this dealer "closing out" his stock. The fact that it's a Mitsubishi is a huge plus in my book. Now that my two closest dealer have stopped carrying these tractors it makes me a little nervous about dealer support in the future, but if this is as good of a price as I'm thinking then it is probably worth the risk. I can probably still get parts through cub cadet or CNH dealers, possibly.

Does that MMM demo include the kit to install the mid PTO?

With Mahindra selling more tractors worldwide than any other brand and gaining market share like crazy in the USA, you need not worry about parts. Mahindra sells over 200k tractors a year which dwarfs most other brands, and is #3 or #4 in the USA currently on 80 HP and down total tractor sales. This last fiscal year (ending March 31 for Mahindra USA) broke all kinds of sales records and market share gains.

While there are some small dealers being phased out, they are being replaced in most cases with stronger dealers. Mahindra has grown to the point that it does not make a lot of sense to support a dealer that sells a handful of tractors a year, nor does that work well for the dealer. I do not know what is happening in your area, so I can't speak directly about why you had a couple dealers drop Mahindra, but in the larger picture in USA we are putting on more and more substantial dealers.

The demo MMM does not have a mid-PTO kit as it came off a 2216HST Which had mid-PTO standard I think) if I recall correctly. It was installed and demo'd by a dealer that later folded. It was then returned to Mahindra and sits on a pallet fading away. It is a Woods made unit, so top quality. It's not mine, just to be clear.

/ 3016HST price check #17  
Thanks a lot for your insight on Mahindra's strength in the US, Dave.

I know the mower isn't yours, but do you happen to know how involved it is to install the mid mount PTO kit on a gear drive 2216? Do I just pull a plug and insert a shaft or is there a series of gears, shift levers, linkages and electrical wiring and safety switch to add? I know there is at least one lever and some linkage for the fender lever, but I don't know how really involved it is.

/ 3016HST price check #18  
Thanks a lot for your insight on Mahindra's strength in the US, Dave.

I know the mower isn't yours, but do you happen to know how involved it is to install the mid mount PTO kit on a gear drive 2216? Do I just pull a plug and insert a shaft or is there a series of gears, shift levers, linkages and electrical wiring and safety switch to add? I know there is at least one lever and some linkage for the fender lever, but I don't know how really involved it is.

It isn't hard. You have to drain the fluid, remove a plate, install the unit. Then run some linkages/levers. Simple enough, not a frustrating job. And with a new tractor, you can just save the fluid and reuse it. I think it comes with a safety switch, but the wiring is already in place. Piece of cake.

/ 3016HST price check #19  
Much obliged, Dave. If we end up with the tractor I will definately contact you to find out the cost of the MMM and the mid PTO adapter kit.

/ 3016HST price check #20  
I just got quoted $18.0k cash price for a 3016 shuttle shift with FEL at my in-town dealer and I'm in a remote area (other nearest dealer is at least two hours away).