3038e buying advice

/ 3038e buying advice
13 years on our 2010 3038e. Predates the DPF thing. No issues that weren't self inflicted other than minor dash issues (PTO light goes off sometimes & sometimes the tach needs a couple of taps to come off zero)
That's the deal for me. I'm not expecting any issues for 20 years / 5000 hours. Sure, wear parts, I understand, but I'd expect no major mechanical or electrical failures due to bad design or low-quality parts. The 6 year warranty is an insult. I'd expect 5000 hours on engine, transmission, hydraulics, and structural.

I have 17 hears on a JD4100 with FEL and only minor things. Anything major was known at purchase (used) or self-inflicted.

/ 3038e buying advice #22  
13 years on our 2010 3038e. Predates the DPF thing. No issues that weren't self inflicted other than minor dash issues (PTO light goes off sometimes & sometimes the tach needs a couple of taps to come off zero)
Saved a trip to the dealer by a DIY. 👍

/ 3038e buying advice #23  
New to the group, but I had a 3025E and sold it because I wanted more power. I went with the 3038E and what a difference. I have a 5 foot tiller and the 3025 just didn't have the power here in my clay soil. The 3038 walked through with no problem.

/ 3038e buying advice #24  
I have the 3032e and it’s been flawless. It has been able to do everything I’ve thrown at it and more. I could see the ‘38’ being that much better. Only thing I wish it had was a more taller back seat with suspension on it. I know it’s a E model but come on JD.

/ 3038e buying advice #25  
On a side bar, I watch for used tracotoirs in the Midwest or specifically in WI, MN and MI. Used 3 series JD seem to be coming down in price and I even see new ones disconnected from dealerships posted.