3520 options, Cab or no?

/ 3520 options, Cab or no?
radman1 said:
Go with the CX loader... Other than the price, the only real common problem with cabs is obstacles such as trees and can it fit in a shed. Cabs are a little more difficult to get in and out if you need to do that a lot.

Seems like the CX will be on the list with the 73" HD bucket. I've considered the trees and such, but I think I'll be ok, most of the trees are fairly tall, and I'll trim as neccessary. Are the doors removable for those times when getting in and out repeatedly come up? The shed isn't a problem.

CinderSchnauzer said:
Smart wife - keep her happy - get the eHydro!
I'm not so sure, she did marry me! Haha. I should have mentioned eHydro was a must.

CinderSchnauzer said:
Would you ever want to run any kind of FEL attachment requiring more than two functions - consider the FEL Hard Lines
I don't forsee this now... I'll have to see what my options would be

CinderSchnauzer said:
Any thoughts on Mid Mount Mower or Front Broom etc - get mid PTO / 3rd Rear SCV
I'm still in the air about the mid mounted mower, pros-cons vs pull behind?

CinderSchnauzer said:
Future Backhoe or anything else requiring independent rear hydraulics - get Power Beyond
We are actually in the process of purchasing a second hand bobcat, so I don't think so.

CinderSchnauzer said:
Better control of Load Match, Motion Match, Cruise - get 4 button control kit
Cruise would be nice, not sure what the others do but I'll look into it.

ddivinia said:
Is it hot and humid when you usually have to mow? Uh yeah - the cab rocks.
South Louisiana, thats a given!!! Haha

ddivinia said:
A rear finishing mower or a belly mower?
As stated above, i'm not sure on the pros and cons yet, opinions? And I do have 2 riding mowers to get in those tight places, thought I don't see many of those.

Nuru, I'm going to take all those into consideration and start the research!!!

Looks like I need to work the numbers and get into a Cab!!! haha
The CX is a go.
I need to research the pros and cons of the belly mounted mower.
And research the others listed!

Thanks guys, keep the suggestions coming.

/ 3520 options, Cab or no? #12  
Brahmus said:
Cruise would be nice, not sure what the others do but I'll look into it.

The auto cruse that now comes witht he laod match button (that was phased out in 08) and some others is 87 dollars list. My dealer ordered them and put them in for 50 bucks. So for 50 bucks, you have to do it. And if you dont, they can be added at any time.:p

/ 3520 options, Cab or no? #13  
I'm still in the air about the mid mounted mower, pros-cons vs pull behind?

If you have a wide open field, then the RFM (Rear Finish Mower) is a good choice, plus it's about 1/2 the cost of a MMM.
If you have a lot of trees or other things you need to cut around, then the MMM is a better choice. The RFM's can be a PITA to trim with-you will be banging into things with it.

/ 3520 options, Cab or no? #14  
Get the cab! I've only got about 700hrs of tractoring experience, but I will never own another CUT without a cab. period.

/ 3520 options, Cab or no? #15  
People can say what they want about "I love being in the Outdoors" etc. etc... I say Bull----! I like being in my cab when it is too hot, too wet, too cold, or during a blizzard... nothing like a cab.

/ 3520 options, Cab or no?
Oh, FYI, I demo'd a 3520 this weekend, I put about 11 hours on her and i'm in love. Now it was an open station which has me wondering, will the weight of the cab make much of an operational difference?

/ 3520 options, Cab or no? #18  
Brahmus said:
Are the doors removable for those times when getting in and out repeatedly come up?

Umm...you could probably remove em if you wanted...but I would never suggest doing so...get all the cloth and such dirty. I fail to see why you would want to do such a thing....

JasonMac said:
People can say what they want about "I love being in the Outdoors" etc. etc... I say Bull----! I like being in my cab when it is too hot, too wet, too cold, or during a blizzard... nothing like a cab.

Yep, when I was shopping for a tractor I first started out looking at the Open stations...not because I didnt want the cab...but mostly because of the $$....EVERYBODY I knew (Father, Uncles, FIL, Brother, etc) told me repeadely "DONT buy a tractor without a cab...you'll regret it" so I ponyed up the cash and got the Cabbed one...here we are 4 months later and I wouldnt give up my cab for anything. Always nice IN the cab....

/ 3520 options, Cab or no? #19  
When getting the 300CX, I would opt for the skidsteer style attachment. Nothing wrong with the JD pin style but there is a much better choice of buckets, grapples, etc., out there for the skidsteer style. You can also keep those implements when you upgrade your tractor.

I might also add that if you have sloped property, order 2 sets of wheel weights and have the tires filled and wheels flipped by your dealer.

Cab is a good idea, only downside is cost.

/ 3520 options, Cab or no? #20  
I'm about the biggest proponent of "no cab" out there. Which is to say, there are some situations where you don't need the cab, or more importantly, its actually a hindrance. (I climb on and off my tractor dozens of times an hour, the cab would be annoying)

But they aren't many. In southern louisiana, I'd get a cab without thinking twice.